Pre-opener musky trips?

Larry, you will find a musky fisherman at your door by 1pm. I am sort of toying with the idea of taking my own boat but I am 50/50 on that right now. I am thinking about an extended trip maybe? I know I can have a few guys from Ohio take me out also if I decide to stay and don't bring a boat but drive separately. I can tell you that I am getting PUMPED UP about going fishing this early in the year! Hopefully I will become a member of Ohio's Husky Musky program after this trip! These are a few of the ones I am making for Ohio and PA where shad are the most common musky food. I personally like the black foil shad best out of these and the orange second. Nitro- is the third week of April too early for you to go to Cowanesque?

001.jpg

I just talked to my PA connection and it sounds like I have something in the works where I can do all this fishing and not need to bring my own boat. I know Solgrande will be way too busy to go with all the upcoming singles mingles and all of the women he is currently dating so I can cross him right off the list. :yes:

Zach- When I first went trolling for muskies with my uncle in the 1000 islands him and his good friend who used to guide up there and in the niagara river used a lot of the believers...so I just started off with believers which is why i find myself having a lot of drifter baits!

as for the ohio tourney....my boat wont be delivered to the marina until about the last week in april so I might have to scratch that plus I dont think ill be able to get off of work. PA would be a much easier task for me towards the end of april (if i get the boat in time) and Nitro I will get my PA license stat!

Zach, Dr. Dave and I decided that we would camp at Saltfork State Park in section G close to the boat launch and where the other muskie guys are camping.We plan to use sleeping bags on the boats floor with the cover over the boat.So if you come along with us you will need to bring along a sleeping bag.This puts us there close to the boat launch for early morning start and at the camp fire with the rest of the muskie nuts each night.We will cook using an electric frying pan,george foreman grill and perculator coffee pot.

Costs for this trip will be low,most expensive part will be splitting the gasoline price.Confirm soon if your still going to make the trip,also if your going to Howard Wagners Spring Fling.

Capt. Larry

sol, i've made that drive a few times...it is very easy as long as you miss rush hour in hamilton. could be fun dragging a boat in traffic there. otherwise just long and monotonous.

zach. 3rd weekend in april would work for the first go at the cow. guess I should get my azz in gear and get my boat parts ordered once I settle into my hotel tonite. you planning on bringing your boat then too?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Bob- if you would split the cost of LSC with Bob Mignano and me we might be able to make it a reality. They won't let me into Canada so its the long way around if I go. Brad, it looks like I am fishing Ohio and PA but is there any way you could get down mid week?

mid week? you funny...my family is already forgetting what I look like with all the work and travel and got the dog howling at me like a stranger when i get back...wish I could find time to slip away mid week but my clients keep demanding...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Hey zach.......probably cheaper to go to ohio :rofl: i`m still thinking about it(would help if my taxes get here by then) :thinking:410mi,6hr50min,tank and a 1/4 one way!(maybe more depending on the wind)My boat lights are fubar but i`ve got a portable bow light and a flashlite to tape to the backlite! :lol: Last minute descision...runn`in solo

sol

Bob,after work on friday or early saturday morning drive down to Saltfork,if we are already out fishing call my cell and we will come in and pick you up.Bring a sleeping bag ,we will have a big tent setup.Will only cost you the gas to drive to Saltfork and return ,a little food money and $12 Tourney Fee!

Capt. Larry

My buddy Bob from Ohio sent me these pics this morning of some fish he got on my baits!

15724294085_A8_C9_D1_F.png

7711044266_A1696_B8.png

:yes:

Look at this nice 50" musky!

100_MEDIA95_IMAG0286_3.jpg

He got these on Firetiger. The absolute last color I use and everyone gives me crap about not using it. I might be missing some fish by not using that color, I just think everyone and their brother is running it. I did have one Firetiger color in my box last year but I think I sold it. Damn firetiger.

Bob, Yes the offer still stands! You can either ride down with us Friday morning from my house,leaving at 9:00 am,or meet us down at Saltfork friday night or saturday.They are catching muskies all over Ohio right now,I saw pictures of fish from Westbranch,Peidmont,Alum Creek,Leesville,Clearfork.Prymatuning and Saltfork Lake yesterday,a couple fish were 50" as well!

Capt. Larry

Nitro will himm and hahhh about this responsibility and that responsibility. Tell the ole lady and your clients, "Ohio or bust- See you in a few days"! I am trying to fish Friday to Wednesday outta state! Bob- I will save you a seat. It will be ah, straw, straw, shoot to see who's up first when the rod goes off. 6 baits in the water is my sort of fishing! If it was up to me I would have 48 rods hangin' off my boat and one in the propwash just for good measure. Making one trolling pass to cover the whole lake,lol!