Cayuga 27MAR11

After watching the forecast for wind and temp decided to head to Seneca and arrived at about 11:15 with RJ an Dave at Watkins Glen hoping to be able to get back out for some fishin.

Thought if we were lucky, we could sneak out and hug the west side. However due to major white caps and wind from North :worried: decided to head to T-falls Park on Cayuga which would allow for some North wave protection from the point on a typical south troll.

Hit a decent LL on the 1st run south and a nicer one up by the park out deeper on the return. Found active fish in tight. :) Ended up hitting decent fish on every run on a south troll. Although the hits appeared to migrate farther south as time went on.

Would have liked to move farther south but due to wave/wind we kept returning north before the wave protection from the point wore off.

All LL except for one of these.

2011_03_27_15_53_08_420.jpg

It was nice to be back at the park.

2011_03_27_18_44_46_799.jpg

Hooked up, you bring up a good point :yes: but I ain't touching the bridge. :itwasntme:

What purpose does the bridge bring?

A person can walk around the launch site easy enough.

Most people fishing the shore are set up on the either the North or South point wind dependent.

If its from the west or east (rarely) then I guess it could allow someone to walk somewhat quicker (a minute) nearer the shore, but it does prohibit any kind of boat passage, with something permanent extending upward, especially in higher water.

It is indeed nice park with the bubbler, surroundings and especially fish.

Tight lines.

My son and I and others have talked about that bridge for years.....Before we got the Trophy hardtop....we could launch the old 22 footer there.....and one of our friends bent a good net into an L by forgetting to lay it down..on the way in...What we came up with is that the state DID NOT want anything except pleasure craft using that launch...Early season we launch at Deans or Treman ...but as things get warmer the fish are deeper and we always seem to hammer right to the TPark point....What a waste of gas and wear and tear on the Trophy....That bridge reminds me of the nightmare launch and parking at Otsego Lake in Cooperstown...Locals are up front about it.....They don't want fishing boats on " Their Lake " even though our license money pays for stocking.. :(:(:no::no: