Favorite Tv Fisherman

Don't know much about Iconelli, but the only episode of his I saw he showed up 2 hrs late for west coast Kings! You could read it all over the Capts face that he was pissed that he didn't listen to his request for a daybreak start. They caught 2 skippers.

As for Tred, great choice. Some of the cameramen filming the Pro-Ams had worked with him and shared colorful stories.

In his Big water tourny fishing days he had a great quote/suggestion--"ok mister big bucks CEO, you may be the king of your corporate concrete jungle, but if you want to have a chance to win out here-sit down, shut up, and listen to the Captain and the mate." He hit it dead on.

After seeing a couple of the Pro-Am shows, I realize now everytime I play AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", I'm playing Toomey's anthem! You guys looked good Eddie.

Presently on TV would have to be Tred Barta. I can most definitely relate to much of the ciaos he has on his boat as I laugh and think that happened to me aswell.

But I wonder what ever happened to Joe Ogdibean? And yes I probably butchered the spelling of his name. But as a teenager, I loved his show and still have numerous vhs tapes of his show. He was a no frills guy who fished in crappy weather/ rough seas and even fought the masses at the Black Hole on the Salmon River. He is probably 1/2 the reason I have the angling habit I do.

Huh, they have fishing shows on TV ? All my TV seems to play is SpongeBob. Damn it, next time my kids tell me the sponge man is on every station, I'm gonna check for myself.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 4 weeks later...

If you have Dish or get WFN Network and want to see something a different, look for "Nice Fish" . A show about Salmon fishing with downriggers on Fly rods. Area is North Pacific BC / Vancouver. Great entertainment !!!!!!!

Don

• 2 weeks later...

BTW,what ever happened to that show Troy Creasy(sp?) used to host.i liked watching some of those charters for browns where you could see the nuke plant in the background.

would be nice if some shows like that were back on,also would be nice if some of those shows actually showed more in-depth of the tackle riggings/set-ups,instead of going straight to the fighting and netting shots.

mike m