hows the fishing been in oswego

Im going to drive out and meet my brother inlaw in oswego for a troll. I have never been to oswego and dont really know where to start fishing. Any starting points would be great. Im assuming to start round 15 foot and zigzagging between 15 and 25 heading west pulling stickbaits for browns and maybe putting a baby spin dr on the rigger for a coho. Ill be using my gps so i can mark some spots if we get any fish and we can find our way back to the boat launch. I saw someplace on here about launching at wrights landing...can anyone point me in the right direction to where to launch my boat? Thanks for any help. -Eric

Wrights landing is on the western side of Oswego River in the harbor. If you are coming down 104 East, you must turn left before the river. If the power plant is discharging water, you might want to head East towards the power plant. If there is a good mud line, you might want to stay right there. Hope this helps you or at least is a starting point. Good luck! :yes:

That does help give me some options thanks. Is the oswego river the only place to launch or am I going to be launching at the mouth of the river? Also how do I know if the power plant is discharging water without taking a boat ride over ther or is the power plant in the river. How much does it cost to launch at wrights landing

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

That does help give me some options thanks. Is the oswego river the only place to launch or am I going to be launching at the mouth of the river? Also how do I know if the power plant is discharging water without taking a boat ride over ther or is the power plant in the river. How much does it cost to launch at wrights landing

http://www.oswegony.org/DEPT_waterfront.html

Didn't make it to oswego but went to olcott and trolled 15 to 25 then to 10 fow into a bit warmer water. Water in the harbor was 41 and 25to 15 was 36 started to head west and finally went into 10 fow water was almost 38 degrees. Hooked a big steel head and the net man lost the fish at the boat. I got sick and we had to call it quits

The free launch is for small boats. The launch is also shallow and always full of debris because of the lock.

Havent been up there in a while,wanna try walleye this year and have small boat....Glad to know its still there...Thanks