line for king salmon

run 30 pound line due to the water fleas. the 30 pound will not collect them like 20 pound will and save you a whole lot of headaches in the long run. i run 30 pound ande line and have not had a problem yet this year with it even though the fleas are getting heavy. run a full spool on reels like the daiwa 47lc size. better to have a little more then to hear that dreaded SNAP becuse you skimped. in the trolling buisness get the good stuff because the cheep will not hold up to the mighty king.

empty hook,

thanks for replying. forgive my ignorance, but i thought fleas would collect MORE on a larger diameter (30#) line than smaller line (20#). I was thinking of using braided line, but if larger diameter lines are better, i guess i should go with mono. is that correct?

does anyone else have any input on this issue?

thanks a bunch,

andre

Fleas will be worse on braided line. Do 30#. We run 14# all season and when the fleas show up I will blood knot 40# on the end of it and then put about a 12' leader of 20# on the end of the 40#. Last year I started getting some fleas on the 30#, so I switched to the 40#. No more fleas. Overall I think you'll be fine w/ the 30# line.

dremarquis

The fleas collect on the smaller line more. The larger the diameter of line, the more difficult it is for them to hook their tails on the line. The fleas will be a lot greater in certain depth zone. When they get real bad you can see them on the fish finder if you turn up the gain.

Sean