Thanks Tony at Great Lakes Planers

I'd like to give Tony and GLP :yes::yes: for customer service and satisfaction.

This year I changed my planer system and got electric reels and needed pulley's for my arch. After looking at all the plastic pulleys offered by other companies, I was hoping to see Great Lakes Planers at the Outdoor Expo in Watertown to see what he had. I was pretty sure his would be all metal like his other products.

After I got setup on Friday, I went over to the GLP booth and looked at Tony's display models. I asked him what he offered for clamping brackets to clamp on a regular arch to hang the pulley from and he could make two different styles. One he described similar to his "normal" brackets which is split so you can bolt the two halves together around the pipe and the other just a standard v-clamp similar to Big Jon or Traxstech. However he didn't have any in stock and it would be approximately 2 to 3 weeks before he could get to them. We agreed that at the end of the show, we'd take two pulleys off of this display models and I would hang them from the arch with a loop of chain until he got the clamps made up and I could fish in the meantime, no big deal.

Saturday he comes by and tells me he's going to come to the show late on Sunday so he can take the time to make them up and I would have them before I leave. Sure enough, Sunday he brings them in.

Here they are, I opted for the standard v-clamp style. Just like all of his other products, these are "over built" and I'm sure will last a lifetime.

DSCF1276.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

tonys customer service is nothing short of awesome.had a problem with the rings on my wingers,for some reason they were starting to open up.after noticing this i quickly notified tony and he immediately addressed this issue.

in less than two days i recieved new smaller split rings that cured the problem.

keep up the great work,tony!!!..and thank you! :yes:

mike mcdonald

• 2 weeks later...

Tony is one of the best I know for customer service. I have several of his products on my boat. captains pack hard top launcher, triple rod holders 2 sets, and also a drift bar with 2 holders. Also you know its made here locally and pretty much all aluminum not plastic. keep up the good work Tony.