Powder Mills park Opening Day

I've been fishing here on opening day for 20+ years with a friend. We have always had some kids with us including my son who has been going for about 18 years now :o It's always great when the kids get a fish. Here's a few pics from the day.

063.jpg

This is my sous chefs son (Robert) and his second year fishing with us at Powder Mills park. His 1st catch a nice 14" brown trout :clap: . He took the brown trout to school and got to answer questions about it to his class :yes:

065.jpg

He got another one :yes:

068.jpg

the bosses son finally got one after a long time of getting his chops busted by a few of us :lol:

064.jpg

Part of the gang including my now 25 year old son in the yellow rain poncho.

069.jpg

Part of my catch :yes:

We have an older gentlemen that we have become friends with over the years (Big Jim) that fishes a hole next to us who I netted a fish for on Friday. It was great to see the happiness on his face when I netted that fish for him even though it was only about 12 inches. He later told me as we were leaving that his wife isn't doing well and has cancer ;( . I certainly hope she gets better and hope to see him there next year with good news.

As much as I enjoy fishing the big O for kings, it's days like this every year (getting up around 2:30AM to be one of the 1st guys in the park) and seeing guys like Jim or kids asking "is it time to fish yet" or "when can we start to fish" and catching their fish that make opening day at PM Park a lot of fun :yes::yes::)

Tom I almost forgot one of the best parts of the day was meeting your father in law Bob Durf and hearing the story of how what he believes happened to my cousin Gary in his ice fishing tragedy last year on sodus. Not to mention the ham wammy with deep

fried home fries at his restaurant :yes:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Looks like a fun time for all Tom! Yes those are truly the days you will remember the most. I have forgotten many more days fishing the big lake than those kind of special days.

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png