Dose the Lowrance HDS-10 Fishfinder/GPS compare to Raymarine

Knotlost

really most fish finders are only as good as their transducer they are paired with, that being said i have a airmar thru-hull and it perrforms beautifully...i was a little worried at first drilling a hole in the bottom of the boat but i'm very happy now.

really most fish finders are only as good as their transducer they are paired with, that being said i have a airmar thru-hull and it perrforms beautifully...i was a little worried at first drilling a hole in the bottom of the boat but i'm very happy now.

I MY SELF AM LOOKING TOWARDS THE HDS 10 W/STRUCTURE SCAN BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW WELL DO THEY READ WHEN TRAVILING SAY 10- 15 MPH DO THEY STILL READ FISH MARKS AND DEPTH WITH SOME WHAT ACCURACY MY BUDDIE HAS A FURNO AND IT READS GREAT AT 20 -25 MPH .

I can mark bait at 30 to 35mph not fish but pods of bait show up and depth is no problem it always reads that. I just have the transducer that came with the unit. I bet it would be better with an airmar.

Can you track your balls ( :$ ) while trolling with the thru hull ducer?

RAY is back,.......I've tried that but it's embarrasing when I have guests on my boat.

In all seriousness, I would rather be able to track my `rigger balls than see fish or bait at 30 mph. I'm afraid to make the change just to find out that I lost the ability to track balls while trolling.

Like I said I have the HDS-10 and the HDS-5 networked together. I have the HDS-5 in the back of the boat the zoom went out in it. I was worried it would take for ever for Lowrance to fix it. They were great I called them mailed it in and had a new unit in ten days. Out of all three im shure they will all work for you. Just depends on how much $ you want to spend. Three years from now your new unit will be an old unit, and you will find something new ya want :lol: