Freakin' Spiders!!!

UpGrady

All right, I'm tired of dealing with them... I think IBay is a spider hot bead or something... never had a problem at Sodus or the Oak in years gone by, but IBay has been terrible at two different marinas for the past three years...

Anyone have any experience with the aerosol "Cobweb Preventers", dryer sheets or anything?!? Gotta keep the freakin' things off the boat...

Sounds like you dont like spiders. Neither do I. Every time i get on the boat i go around with a brush and clean up all the spider webs. Seems like i dont get alot of spiders that much anymore doing that.

Pat

Spider blast for the dock, vapona strips for below decks.

Moth balls in old medicine bottles in the corners.

Or try cedar chips if you don't like or can't stand the smell of mothballs.

Doug

P.S.

Mississauga is the capital :)

I've put an open tuna fish can with a few moth balls in it, in the back of my boat for years, (whenever I cover it up after the weekend & over the winter). I do it to make sure cats don't under the cover and now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a spider in it.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Thanks guys... it's funny, I found myself at Target two nights ago (against my own will), wandered around and found Ortho Home Defense mentioned spiders and was non-staining (good for around the canvas). So I picked up to give it a try, plan on treating around the canvas and all of the ropes at the dock... so sick and tired of destroying webs every weekend!

I'll give a verdict in a few weeks!

Rich,

Maybe you've stumbled onto something here... A boat just plain needs to stink to catch fish, nevermind the owner (that's another story).

So, that being said, you really need to get out there and stink up the boat, b/c as a buddy of mine put it... "The fishing is stupid" right now! Go... take the day off and get out there!