Three tournaments - three different events - three different formats one thing in common competition in the west end!!

Anyone interested!

Thinking of $200 side bet winner gets 70% and a plaque runner up gets 30% and honorable mention

We can collect at the captains meeting of the st catharines KOTL and payout at the Pro AM in Niagara

Total points

KOTL SPRING - WHI - NIAGARA PRO AM ---

Who's in!

Sounds like a great idea. I think tournament placings would be the easiest to calculate lowest number wins and only placing of those who are entered in this event be counted. Example: Let's say Thrillseeker comes in second, Get it Wet is in fifth and VQ comes in seventh at KOTL at and they are the top three entered in this. They would be Thrillseeker 1, Get it Wet 2, and VQ 3 going into the WHI. Just my two cents. As far as the name, to me this is a test of three different strategies which is similar to the Triple Crown of horseracing. Hmmmm? Maybe the " Lake O Triple Crown" Any other ideas....?

Good Fishing.

Capt. Tony Sambunjak

www.reelthrillcharters.net

I like it simple and tally up scores from all three even tho it may not justly reward consistency but does allow a HOME RUN event to help.

Team VQ qould be in and I am sure Happy :rofl: Tom Allen would sponsor us ;) As long as we swore not to use any DW flies ...

Can call it Big Boys West Series, West End Challenge, Tri-Port Challenge West, West end Can-Am Cup, West End Can-Am Challenge.

or maybe: Vince vs. the rest :clap:

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

http://www.dreamsteelie.com

I like it simple and tally up scores from all three even tho it may not justly reward consistency but does allow a HOME RUN event to help.

Team VQ qould be in and I am sure Happy :rofl: Tom Allen would sponsor us ;) As long as we swore not to use any DW flies ...

Can call it Big Boys West Series, West End Challenge, Tri-Port Challenge West, West end Can-Am Cup, West End Can-Am Challenge.

or maybe: Vince vs. the rest :clap:

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

http://www.dreamsteelie.com

From this day forward, Captain Pete's new nickname is.........................................

CAPTAIN HOME RUN :rofl:

Your placement in the "Triple Crown" should be based on where you FINISH in each tournament not how big of a box you boated in ONE tournament. To do so would diminish the importance of the KOTL and WHI events since they are 5 and 6 fish events while Niagara is a 12 fish event for Pros and 9 for Ams. Why eliminate those fishing the AM Division in Niagara as well?

Its a great concept but putting it on weight alone takes us back to the old Challenge Cup days where a monster box in Oswego easily eclipses winning catches in Niagara. Not a good scenario except for the "Home Run" guy that comes in with a monster box in Niagara after back to back "strokes" in the KOTL and WHI.

Put the emphasis on PLACEMENT or don't do it at all. My "for what its worth" opinion.

Tom Allen dont like it, just an FYI my dear Captain Pete, I dont think it would work either, prolly only have 6 or 7 teams anyway. Not even sure it would be allowed, it might take away from future potential interest to existing events (ya better check with a certain local townships liabiltiy policies on the South shore as well) for if its againts a dictators wishes it could surprisingly become against a local towns policies, mysteriously amazing !!!...... LMAO

Yvan offered his thoughts about this to me a few months ago, I sort of thought it went away, but I've been sadly mistaken and recently reminded it hasn't yet as of the presents of this thread !!!

I do like the name however :clap: , just would rather not be involved with the relationship to the politicians !!!!!

Tom

Hmmm, points well taken gents..

However, if you think it thru..

Since were ONLY talking a whopping 5 fish in KOTL events and 6 in WHI, any contender "should" get their fish in every event. Right? if not, they should not necessarily be a contender. Altho Niagara would be the exception with a 12 fish max.

So, why not reward the guy who brought a BIG 5 one day in, yes a HERO box that really seperated him from the other 5 fish boxes BUT in the other events he was beat out by ounces since with 5 fish ONLY we often are talking a couple punds or ounces, Right? BUT those "couple" ounces dropped him a place or three thus costing them precious "placement" points. So, then the guy who hits "the HOME RUN, AKA Hero Box may win that event but does not get much past that for it...

Hard to explain with a $%#@ keyboard (wwish you guys were doing they typing :rofl: ).

Mr. Paul... AKA FREE SPIRIT, This is NOT comparable to a 12 or 14 fish deal like past pro-ams where East vs. West made a HUGE difference, again, WERE talking 5 fish, 6 in WHI and 12 in Niagara.... NOT an apples to apples comparison really...

With 5 or 6 fish events, mere ounces can set one apart... SO,why not let the guy with the most fish win it all? which would probably mean the Niagara Pro-Am could decide it all... Like the sign says on the boat, "The one with the most fish wins"

FYI, I believe the 2010 KOTL was cumulative points and most of the guys "IN THIS EVENT" agreed and liked it.

Why would it "eliminate" ams? Maybe it would "motivate" some to move up?? Thats the "positive" way to look at it (maybe). If your an AM, and some self confidence, skill and consider yourself a good fishermen, then why not be in the pro division already and fish against pro's?? (my thoughts)

This thread was about giving input and NOT shooting ones' input down ;( Like boats, we all have one and like different types for certain reasons... I like mine, you like yours but I don't tell you why you should like mine and yours is wrong?

I guess that means Tom's not gonna sponsor us now :(

The current pro-am scoring Challenge Cup system is complicated and we can't even figure it out without scores in front of us and a calculator and you even agreed, so why go right back to it with this one?

Paul, the man asked for opinions/ideas and that's what I gave... :beer:

Capt. H.R.

AKA VQ

A novel idea and one ivan with a y and I spoke on a while back. To show consistantcy from series to series IMO would crown the true BIG BOY and like pete said it may encourage some ams to move up. It also adds a new dimention to the same old same old. The best part is we do so without killing more fish and adding a day or another weigh in to the process. I think its OK to like each series for what it is. Finally real stratagy might be required. To be honest there have been very few people that consistantly do well from series to series however there are plenty who have it figured out if each series were to stand alone. Contrary to popular belief as I have fielded the comments and questions skill is the determining factor given the number of fish and the species allowed for each tourny. Bottom line the more fish you put in the boat the better chance for a win. The best part of the whole thing is simply it all happens in a 25 mile stretch of the shoreline at the best possible time. Everyone is already here and the chance for success is high. IMO the Big Boy Triple crown is a fantastic idea and at the very least bring our brothers from the north down us up and give everyone a reason to fish each event. In other words stimulate growth in the sport.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Well this was Yvan's idea so, I say all you teams that are interested let Yvan decide the rules, then send him ALL YOUR CASH to decide the pay-out structure and how to pay it off, and also to host the ceremony and the crowning.

Pete's in, Paulie's in Yvan's in.........Who else ???? :yes:

Maybe Yvan will throw in some rings and jackets too !!!! :yes:

Tom

Gotta chuckle over all the political shenanigans involed with some of these tournaments and the subsequent conversations that ensue...don't you? The banter makes for such great reading :rofl::rofl:

I would be interested, but I feel I would not be eligable no matter how it's formatted because I am not fishing on the same team in all three events, even though I am fishing all three, so I'm out.

Interesting idea though :yes:

Hey Rod..................... the banter.. even though serious to some.. is for the most part "For your reading pleasure" !!! :rofl:

On a side note I recall not that long ago when a certain team was counting themselves out ? ? Remember ? ? I am sort of glad that team did as they would prolly be the A-TOM-MIK Triple Crown (East End) Champs !!

Now how would that look on the Big Weenie Resume... Team Lucky Enuff/Big Weenie: A-TOM-MIK Triple Crown Champs............... woe !!!! (: and there is no rule against that name/sponsorship/combination in our events (The way it should be) !! So it would stand, and I have to pay to print it up... OUCH (: He He He

I don't see many teams too excited for this however anyway, maybe it will prove me wrong, guess we'll see... sooooo much going on already, but hey you never know....

Maybe even a chance of a day 2 WHI event for Sunday now, barring no blow on Saturday, talks been afloat for a while just waiting for yet another care-taker to host (Where is Yvan, his stage presents is duly justified)

God there is a lot to think about (:

Tom

Hey Rod..................... the banter.. even though serious to some.. is for the most part "For your reading pleasure" !!!

I enjoy it...and don't take most of it as being serious, which has gotten me in some hot water days past, but then I don't take myself seriously most of the time :D

On a side note I recall not that long ago when a certain team was counting themselves out ? ? Remember ? ? I am sort of glad that team did as they would prolly be the A-TOM-MIK Triple Crown (East End) Champs !!

I remember , but hey, now that you improved the rules for 2011 everyone can fish it and The Big Weenies will be one of those teams, so it could still happen :P

Is it time to leave for St Catherines soon? I feel like I'm living Bill Murray's life in the movie Groundhog day. Every day seems the same...when is it gonna get here?

Yes input is the key. I don't remember being asked before the Challenge cup scoring system was changed. I guess only Cups won under the "new" system are worthy. As for "Home runs", "Touchdowns", "Goals", and "Double Box catches", thats what wins championships in all sports. The wild card team can end up the Champion based on how they FINISH. The old Cup system was SO much better it's hard to understand how in the world it got changed. Think of each of the 4 Pro-Ams as a quarter, and together they represent a full game. Have a huge 4th quarter and win. Have a huge enough 1st quarter, and it's tough to get beat. Everyone competing is dealing with the same locations, weather, and fish availability. The new system took away some of the strategy by in some cases making teams fish for numbers if they want to compete for the Cup. The original name, first in Ludington and then in Olcott/Wilson, was "SALMON Team Tournament." Under the current system, often you would be forced to fish for a limit rather than what you felt would give you your best chance to win outright, or make up ground.

Now with the different formats of the first 3 Tournaments, the players may wish for a different way to score it. Lets get more input, and on with it. Whatever the majority of the players want, I'm in.

Think of each of the 4 Pro-Ams as a quarter, and together they represent a full game. Have a huge 4th quarter and win. Have a huge enough 1st quarter, and it's tough to get beat. Everyone competing is dealing with the same locations, weather, and fish availability.

Love that analogy Vince :yes:

You know the greatest thing about all of this is how passionate everybody is with their sport. Even through all the digs guys keep plowing away to know more and to get better.

This was an idea that I tossed around for many years as I believe it is another reason to compete.

Here goes

Let's Call it the LOU TRIPLE CROWN

Lets have the scores posted here.

Kevin will hold the money as discussed and I will forward scores

Payout will be done at the Niagara Pro AM

Total points will be accumulated in all three events. There is a possibility of 10 fish in KOTL - 6 fish in WHI - and 24 fish in PRO AM

1 - 70% and plaque

2 - 30 %

$200 payable in St Catharines at the captains meeting. If there is not 10 teams you get your money back and we don't do it. I think we may be surprised

Captains carry score from tourney to tourney

Lets get this list started

Get it Wet

Thrillseeker

Vision Quest

?