Surface Temp:38-44

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 4

Total Boated:3

Species Breakdown:Browns

Hot Lure: Michigan Stingers (Green/Black, Green/Silver)

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 10-25

Lure Depth: 5-17

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Spent a beautiful day on the water in Mexico Bay for the first trip of the season. Managed to grab 3 browns (4-5 lb cookie cutters) all at various depths and in a couple different locations south of the Mexico Point launch. Fished with riggers only since I am not outfitted with planner boards......yet. Seems like alot of the action from other boats was on the boards so I believe I will invest in a set for my boat. All in all it was a great day out there.

Does anyone ever try casting swimbaits or sticks to these Browns in the spring? I would think that working the shore with a spinning rod and some swimbaits would bring a few fish to the boat. Just curious....

Does anyone ever try casting swimbaits or sticks to these Browns in the spring? I would think that working the shore with a spinning rod and some swimbaits would bring a few fish to the boat. Just curious....

That'll work ;)

Ryan.

We struggled a little yesterday 7 for 11. Casting definitely works. I've been thinking of bringing some spinning rods and trolling to locate a pod of fish and then casting. Cleos work pretty well but but many things would probably work. Also thought about fly rod with streamers.

casting for browns in the spring definitely can be action packed at times. get the right winds and the are right on shore within easy reach. i like to use a ten foot ultra light rod with six pound test so ya can really fire it to deeper water. change up the speed till ya find what they want. chrome and blaze orange cleo has been my favorite over the years but chrome and blue takes alot of fish also, id have both if i were you.