Senaca South End Sunday

Went North out of Clute Park about 7 am. Tried the west side 75 to around 200 lures at between 5 and 100. Fished to the salt plant with no luck. went to the east side and took two LLs off of boards 5 colors of core with a orange and silver spoon. That was it. nice day on the water and the boat ran fine. First trip of the year. Would have liked to have done better on the fish though. Did mark alot of bait from 150 to the bottom in about 200 foot of water. Tried some spoons off of riggers way down there with no luck. Maybe next time. Thanks to all who share info on the site.

BS2

My son and I fished more or less the same area with a similiar settup and had fair results. We pulled 3 Lakers on deep spoons and nothing on the lead cor. We headed up north of Severne point and pulled a few more on the deep spoons. We were on the North end last Wednesday evening for 2 hours and Boated over twelve and 9 were on sd's and flies. North wind on Wednesday and Southeast Sunday??

I'm new to downrigger fishing. Get the flat line and planer boards down pretty well. How far back do you run your SDs and flies from the ball? Also any other tips on line size and type would be helpful. Trolled my butt off last Sunday out of Long Point and went to Lodi this past saturday and got skunked. Started with the flat lines and went to the downriggers. Did get some help on the radio from someone on Seneca saturday but they said they were catching fish so i didnt want to ask to many questions and keep them from thier fun. Any help would be appreciated.

We fished the east side of Seneca Sunday from 7:15 til about noon. We were just running stick baits off of planer boards. We had one of our best days ever. Had a heck of a time getting lines in the water as the fish were hitting before we could get set up. I think we ended the day boating 12 or so LL and one nice Laker. Not sure what the laker was doing up on top.

We fished the east side of Seneca Sunday from 7:15 til about noon. We were just running stick baits off of planer boards. We had one of our best days ever. Had a heck of a time getting lines in the water as the fish were hitting before we could get set up. I think we ended the day boating 12 or so LL and one nice Laker. Not sure what the laker was doing up on top.

Where did you start? We started in Lodi and headed south on the east shore

Hanah- Best way to run your spinnies on the FLX is about 6 foot from the ball.. I use 17lb mono with about a 10 foot fluoro carbon leader.. Seems to work well.

With the Lakers..For me i have found it common to find the lakers in the water column up high from feb-mid may... Last summer we had a few instances where we got lakers in the Lodi area on 3 color Leadcores, which isnt too far down... The lakers sure are spunky this year...

I cant wait to get the rig on her maiden voyage this weekend!! See you Guys out there!!

Nick