wire line to reel

I just use a couple overhand knots. 2 or 3.

Put a peice of electrical tape on the first wrap to hold it while you spool up.

If you get that deep into the spool with a fish your probably in trouble with any knot. :o

Glen

I acually put about 50ft of powerpro backing on and use an albright knot to attach wire to braided line. I just use the backing to protect the spool and to eliminate any slipping. I hear others use electrical or duck tape instead of the backing. Overhand knot will work fine for putting wire on the spool thought.

I acually put about 50ft of powerpro backing on and use an albright knot to attach wire to braided line. I just use the backing to protect the spool and to eliminate any slipping. I hear others use electrical or duck tape instead of the backing. Overhand knot will work fine for putting wire on the spool thought.

so, how do you stop the Power Pro from slipping on the spool? It'll spin without tape same as the wire will.

Tim

putting a wrap or two of duct tape onto the arbor very neatly and tightly is important.tie wire to the arbor as stated above,over hand knot ,etc.

reel wire line onto spool very tightly.

at the swivle end,i will normally slide a10mm bead or two(green or red )onto the wire then tie on a new 100lb test sampo swivle use asimple overhand knot.

sometimes i will do a double overhand knot,but its not necessry.

the bead prevents the swivle from getting jammed up into the tip of the rod,and i kinda feel that the colored beads act as an attractor,somewhat.

check this out also:www.fishdoctorcharters.com

click on video tips and you will see the video for wire connections,click on that.

some guys will also do this.move far away from other boat traffic,slowly let all the wire line out,using a1-lb. lead ball.

then reel the wire back onto the spool tightly,trying not to use a pumping action.

reel will now be spooled just about perfectly.

good luck,

mike m ;)

I just finished putting my first wire together and I did not but any backing on except some mono so that the wire does not slip and I used the albright knot and it worked great, and as mcds7 mentioned I am waiting to get out and attach a dipsy diver backwards and reespool the whole thing again so it's nice and even.

We just wired up a couple new saltist 30lc's and on these reels their is no need for the tape. The spool has a small knob in the middle of it to prevent any slipping (at least I hope that's what it's for). We crimp our wires onto the spool. Always have and never had a problem. We also crimp on the swivel at the other end.