Nice Brown over the weekend

0409111533.jpg

Wanted to share this 13lb brown that came off my favorite finger this weekend, was the only board bite in 2 hours through cold water temps but well worth the wait and an awesome suprise when I saw him. Thought I snagged bottom when the board dropped back. Needless to say, I went free spool thumbin the minute I saw him surface. Was all alone, made for a fun net job, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't shaking. When it hit the deck, my day was done for it would have been a hard one to top. This is why we fish, for days like this.

Thanks for letting me share,

Kevin

0409111533.jpg

Was all alone, made for a fun net job, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't shaking. When it hit the deck, my day was done for it would have been a hard one to top. This is why we fish, for days like this.

Thanks for letting me share,

Kevin

Beautiful fish. I know that shaking feeling. Your worthless for a half hour till you get your composure back. Congratulations

I was running inline boards, with a smaller black and silver challenger minnow. After the hit and drag run the board came in pretty easy, fish stayed deep though. I had a good Idea of what I had, just didn't know how big. When I saw it and it saw me, that's when I free spooled and lose thumbed it for the three big runs it had. Tried grabbing my phone to film it cause I felt nobody would believe me if I lost it, then I came to my senses when it tired. took two net swipes and got it. Then the shakes started. By the time I got it to the marina to weigh, the time in and out of the water even though cold was too much for it and it expired in my live well. I do taxidermy and it will go on the wall as it is the biggest fingerlakes Brown I have taken.

Congrats on a really great catch! That brownie looks like it's in great shape too and will look great on your wall. What you described was exactly my experience with my biggest brown that was only 11. Dragged in and then she realized what was going on and made multiple runs. Didn't think I'd boat it either! :D

• 2 weeks later...