HELP: Best places for bass

carlos4

Hey i'm kinda new at this fishing thing and me and my friends just wanna know if anyone knows where the best places are to fish for bass. We are also interested in trout and steel head, basically anything big and fun to catch.

And if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with lures. I know you just use salmon eggs for trout, but what do you guys think is the best thing for bass and steel head.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

the "cut" in henderson harbor,the high rocks,rays bay,dutch johns bay, the pill boxes, association island,calf island,the dimple,little galloo,big galloo.

3 or4 inch white mister twisters,rooster tails,worms,minnows,small cranks

mike m

If you have an electric trolling motor, head right towards the highest concntration of docks you can find. Try skipping a Yamamoto Senko style worm underneath them wacky style (hooked in the middle). A much cheaper alternative to the senkos are the 6 inch Bass Pro Stik-O. It has the same exact sink rate. If you have a second pole, have a crankbait or a spinnerbait on it. If it is a spinnerbait, make sure it is tied directly onto the line. Fish in the mornings or the afternoon/evening times.

Go up to the DEC boat launch/park on Black Lake for the Pike opener. Shiners under a bobber with a wire leader. St. Lawrence River near Ogdensburg has casting areas for pike. Try the Black River dam for Steelhead right now thru April.