Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: Drifting

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth: Bottom

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started off excited about the trip. My first day off that the weather has been good enough to get on the water. Up at 5 to be on the water by 6. Drifting with body baits, up the drop off and across until we hit around the border, 2 rods in the water. Our first drift gave way to a weak hit, fish was on and off in about 10 seconds. 2nd drift, another hit about 100 feet past the drop, the fish was on until about 10 feet from the boat before it decided to let go(just outside of visual range). The rest of the morning yielded nothing. At about 11:30, the rain started and we decided to try trolling instead with a couple of reef runners. 20 minutes of that and my friend claimed he had a hit, but no fish. A thunderstorm was rolling in, and we pushed it as long as we could, but as soon as our rods started sizzling we got worried, then mine shocked me a couple of times and we decided to (quickly) pack up and head in.

To make matters worse, the river was loaded with chunks of ice, so the trip back was very slow and wet.

Still can't be disappointed, it was a beautiful day to be on the water. Even with the rain it wasn't to cold to ruin the drop(with a survival suit of course), and I look forward to getting out again late this week or on the weekend, weather permitting..

Throughout the morning and early afternoon there were about 10-15 other boats, most gave up quickly. We saw the odd fish being boated. just wish one of them had been by us.