Sandy Creek , East or West ?

Jack, There can be good fishing in either direction Look for the colored water. Also stay close to shore and keep an eye out for any temperature breaks. The slightest difference in temp could be everything. I hope this helps Good Luck!

Lou

Jack, There can be good fishing in either direction Look for the colored water. Also stay close to shore and keep an eye out for any temperature breaks. The slightest difference in temp could be everything. I hope this helps Good Luck!

Lou

Yea what he said :yes:

Folllow the colored water. If the wind is out of the west then troll east, folllow the out flow of the creek and fish in any colored water you see. Best to fish durring or after it rains, produce more fishable water. Good luck :yes:

Not always true ;)

1st off it was great to have the boat start right up and run like a top and not have any issues with anything equipment :clap::clap::clap:

Well the wind was out of the west on Thursday when I did my shake down run (solo). Got a really late start (10:15am) With the west winds and me going solo I wanted the winds at my back while setting up. Went just past the first point between the creek and the pump house and saw some nice colored water. Started to set out the boards and if you have ever been out in even mild wind without auto pilot and the top up & side curtains all up (it's like an open umbrella at times) in a relatively light boat you know it doesn't take much to move you around a bit :o:( got set up and was on top of the creek quickly :o

Saw the nice colored water and temp 47+ wanted to make sure I got back here soon but wanted to see what the creek had to offer too. Made a pass across the creek that was dark brown almost "poop" colored :o:lol: turned back and got this small mouth :o

013-1.jpg

That was it for the creek area so I headed for where I started out. Got back there, changed lures to a brown trout colored rapala and a Jr. Thunderstick in one of the new UV colors (I'll post a pick later) and started to get some fish immediately but the winds and specifically heading into them was tough while fighting fish with the boards out and keeping the boat in the colored water area was a bit tough by the time I got the fish in the boat, hook removed, lines back in and everything back in there spots.

Along with the bass I managed to land 5 browns nothing bigger than 5# and had 2 other fish on including a double that got off before I had a chance to get the other pole in my hands and had a fish take a shot while letting the line out :o but missed it :@ and was off the water by 1pm or so.

Here's 2 of the fish

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

Well it's off to Maryland for 9 days good luck to everyone that gets a chance to get out hope the weather straightens out for ya.

Tom,

I would have been able to make a "business" meeting with you on Thursday! Get ahold of me next time.

I just installed autopilot on my boat and tried it for the first time yesterday. I can only say what everyone else says....I will NEVER own a boat without one again. It is awesome...so much easier and enjoyable to fish with the auto pilot on.

I fished Cayuga and picked up a bunch of slob Lake Trout...didn't really target anything else.

Wayne