The NEW Yankee Troller

Here is the new Yankee Troller! We are very excited, and we have been putting a lot of work into her over the last month, but the list of things to do just seems to not go away!

What we've done so far:

Humminbird 1157 (FF)

Humminbird 958 (GPS)

3 - Cannon DT-10's w/ CannonLink

Atlantic Towers Arch

Cannon Dual Axis Rod Holders and Track

Big John Electric Planer Reels

Coastal Night Lights LED Spreaders

New Canvas

Re-finished the Teak

Tons of other little things!

downsized950411111354.jpg

2011-04-10_19-55-19_486.jpg

2011-04-11_10-37-42_866.jpg

2011-04-11_10-37-18_234.jpg

2011-04-11_13-14-43_911.jpg

i,ve found that big trojans tend to make for a loose crew in sloppy conditions. things slide around so much you just dont get the feel for whats going on around you, ive heard the decks need to be clean so slippage doesnt occure,if that happens the wrong bait might get loose and the boat will be full of little ones before you know it..

Keep it tight Rick (if you can) :lol:

i,ve found that big trojans tend to make for a loose crew in sloppy conditions. things slide around so much you just dont get the feel for whats going on around you, ive heard the decks need to be clean so slippage doesnt occure,if that happens the wrong bait might get loose and the boat will be full of little ones before you know it..

Ohhhhhh how I've missed you Ray! Welcome back buddy!

To clear things up on the whole Scotty/Cannon controversy........what it comes down to is can the thing bring a ball down and will it bring it back up. Scotty makes a bullet proof rigger, and we were very happy with them for the 5 or 6 years we ran them. These new Cannons seem to have really stepped up to the plate, and answered any and all issues people ever had with them. We've ran them twice so far and they are really nice. Time will obviously tell on their durability, but in talking with the people who built them they are very confident in what they have come to the market with in 2011. Johnson Outdoors put A LOT of R&D into these riggers over the past 2 years. With prototype models in some of the guys hands as early as May 2010. To be honest I really like the Big John stuff too! I don't think anyone can go wrong if they stuck to those three brands, but I know of other brands that are stepping up their game as we speak. Vector has some prototype models out there right now that are a "Digi-Troll" type rigger. Heard some good things about them, but not many people have even seen them let alone ran one. It's been an exciting 12 months in the downrigger market, and competition and innovation are only good things!

Ohhhhhh how I've missed you Ray! Welcome back buddy!

To clear things up on the whole Scotty/Cannon controversy........what it comes down to is can the thing bring a ball down and will it bring it back up. Scotty makes a bullet proof rigger, and we were very happy with them for the 5 or 6 years we ran them. These new Cannons seem to have really stepped up to the plate, and answered any and all issues people ever had with them. We've ran them twice so far and they are really nice. Time will obviously tell on their durability, but in talking with the people who built them they are very confident in what they have come to the market with in 2011. Johnson Outdoors put A LOT of R&D into these riggers over the past 2 years. With prototype models in some of the guys hands as early as May 2010. To be honest I really like the Big John stuff too! I don't think anyone can go wrong if they stuck to those three brands, but I know of other brands that are stepping up their game as we speak. Vector has some prototype models out there right now that are a "Digi-Troll" type rigger. Heard some good things about them, but not many people have even seen them let alone ran one. It's been an exciting 12 months in the downrigger market, and competition and innovation are only good things!

No controversy Rick, just some friendly, brand related stone busting. The new ride looks great.

Tim

Very nice set up Rick AND CREW !

Call me when you TRAILER the boat by my house this time.

PS..... I met your tournament guy @ my house last couple weeks (Joe is a good guy) but still not sure about his out board Verados.

BEST OF LUCK and will see you soon.

Jerry

Runnin Rebel