Help diagnose engine hatch problem

sportcraft

I have a 2002 Sportcraft 31 with Hydraulic engine hatch lift using a trimmaster pump that runs two hydraulic rams. The floor lifts at a verrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow rate. I removed the pump and cleaned it, placing new ATF in it. Then unhooked the lines at the base of the ram and turned the pump on until the new oil came out. Then hooked the line back up to the ram. No change in symptoms. Also checked the voltage at the pump and I'ts 12v. Lastly I switched the pump with my trim tab pump which is identical. Still the same speed. I'm guessing that the rams are bad. It was mentioned that the two hydraulic lines should be T'd together. Mine is not. I think I'm going to pull the rams next.

I have heard of people replacing the system with gas shocks or actuators. Has anybody tried this. I know they make electric ones but I don't really need to spend $600 on a floor lift.

Thanks Tony

Too fast and you would have an ejector platform. :o Depends on who you are fishing with.

Check the lines from the pump for kinks and such. The pump volume isn't to fast anyway thats made for pressure.

You can test those rams with compressed air. Just remove the suspect ram, and with the hoses removed attach a shop air hose with rubber tip into lower hydro tube. SLOWLY apply air to the ram after it is fully extended, if the air ecapes from the top hydro hole then you have a faulty ram. Good luck.