Hot Lure: Lucky Craft Pointer SP-red/brown/blue

Trolling Speed: 2-2.5 mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 6-15 feet

Lure Depth: 2-5 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The weather is looking lousy this weekend so I had to take another short run tonight. Boated my first ever Laker and was excited about that. About 6 lbs. Did not get to the pole in time for the second hit sadly. The price of running solo, I guess. Both off the same Lucky Craft that has been on fire for me.

A side note, the Coast Guard was out tonight boarding every boat in site, including a run through Irondequoit bay. They were pleasant, but I did receive a warning because my flares had expired. Shame on me for that. Make sure you are in compliance!

Forgot to mention that i saw something no one is going to believe. 2 deer were running along the shore. Awhile later i see the 2 of them swimmimg in the water together heading out deep. I swear to god I don't do drugs. i took pictures with my smartphone but they didn't show like I hoped. :(

I saw a large 8 point off of I bay one summer in 30 fow. When we went by it on plain, I thought I was seeing things. We positioned the boat in front of it and turned it around. It swam back to the beach at Durand and layed down on the beach when it made it to shore.