Cayuga 4/14 and 4/15

Did ok all things considered. I wanted to flat line and hit spots that I don't usually hit. Only had one planer mast to work with :( Ran all spoons. 110 ft of line out on the planers and 60 to 80 ft out on the riggers. Only went 5 to 30 ft down on the riggers but riggers were dead except for some small LL's. We did manage to catch a couple of browns including a 7pounder. Bob landed a nice 5lb LL. It put on a H@ll of a show :) Between spots I decided to go after the Lakers for giggles. I ended up catching a 7 1/2lb Laker on the 400' copper :D among a few small Lakers.

Sorry to all those who were trying to talk to me on those pass bys. I would have used my VHF radio but I put a new one in and it keeps telling me I have ECXESSIVE VOLTAGE problem. Not sure what to do about that :@

Forgot to mention. This was my first trip out this year. Fishe South end all the way up past AES. South end Temps were 42-46 degrees but muddy. Temps in the clear water were 37 degrees. Hot spots were south end, myers and AES. We did hit some small LLs at the Boy scott camp but we left them alone.

Picture_908.jpg

Picture_913.jpg

Picture_915.jpg

My hand is in the way but this lakers tail was messed up. Its tail sticks straight up. I think something was wrapped around it once apon a time. :o

Picture_918.jpg

No, not yet. Trying to save up some more pennies :( School loans are kicking my butt. I really want to buy a Yamaha like yours but I am also hearing that they are getting harder to get due to the Japan incident. The other thing that has me held up a little is I am debating between the tiller and the remote options. If I get the tiller I am probably going to buy control king so I have fine tune throttle adjustment at the helm. I really like to get the remote setup but in order to do anything with the motor I would have to buy the remote controls with the cables which I want but it is another $800 addition :@ I really like to have the option to shift and start the motor at the wheel for a number of reasons. I'm probably going to get the tiller though cause at anytime I can go and get the remote option.

I did pick up a good deal on Garlicks kicker motor mounts for the heavy 4 strokes. The swim deck I am going to cut in half and custom fab. a brace for it. I love having the swim deck. It has proven to very use full. All though this time of year I have told my crew it is off limits cause of the cold water.

rshubuck: I just did exactly what you are contemplating over the winter. Kicker Yamaha 9.9 HT with the controls at the helm with the control king along side. I am pumped. My previous kicker was a tiller control at the back of the boat, which worked fine but fine tuning the throttle speed was always a chore especially in the wind. I spent many times turning the throttle and watching the depth raider for the response. One more project to wrap up and I'm the water. She's all clean and shined up and the cuddy is loaded. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can shake her down over easter.

One Word of caution, Control King does not have an application(bracket) for the new Yamaha 9.9 HT. They were awesome to deal with and sent me both brackets, niether one worked but with a alittle custom fab and some home made shims I'm crossing my fingers the install works ok.

I dont know how control king works, but with mu troll master the small servo motor always has power going to it. So when you put these things in put a power shut off in. I had a servo motor go wacky and it started running when boat was parked in garage. They don't draw much power but I still dont want something running when my boat is not on water. Sean

Guys I believe the Troll Master & Control King are 2 differents units. I have the troll Master and I belive they have a bracket for Yamahas. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Ok to clarify: I have the troll master and there is presently no application for the 9.9HT , One of the brackets works with couple shims and a sligt bend.

Control King does make a bracket for New and old yamahas. The reason I am choosing control king is that one of the guys who sells them is on this site and is willing to give us LOU guys a good deal from the factory. :) I think he quoted me 191 delivered to the door. I'm with sean on that one thought. I disconnect my batterys when not in use.

Also, I did find a used Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke kicker Last night with all the bells and whistles. Anybody own one that is not a high thrust and have any feedback.

Control King does make a bracket for New and old yamahas. The reason I am choosing control king is that one of the guys who sells them is on this site and is willing to give us LOU guys a good deal from the factory. :) I think he quoted me 191 delivered to the door. I'm with sean on that one thought. I disconnect my batterys when not in use.

Also, I did find a used Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke kicker Last night with all the bells and whistles. Anybody own one that is not a high thrust and have any feedback.

I have a 2008 Yamaha 20 HP 4 stroke standard thrust on my 22' Trophy Walk Around...AND I have the Controll King. Motor will troll my boat as slow as .5 and at wide open in smooth seas will go about 8 knots or so. My kicker is tapped right into my main fuel line which is awesome having 82 gallons to troll with! The only "issue" with the 4 stroke is the fact that if you have to buy a mounting bracket for the motor you have to buy a good one to support the extra weight. I paid about $300 for my bracket.

Controll King...awesome. Takes 15 or 20 minutes to install and works great. I did have to fiddle with the bracket and rod they sent me because it hits my cowling. I think I have it perfect right now. Not sure if they sent me the wrong bracket or what the deal is.

I'd be happy to show you my set up any time you are out in mid Cayuga area.

Wayne

Thanks stoutner. I would actually love to see how your boat is all setup. I have not seen too many setups other than pictures. I'm a little more interested in seeing one with the EZsteer hooked to a mercruiser. I want to install it correct the first time around. I did buy the Garelink 4stroke mount with the 4 spring assist lift. Its rugged. I just bought a 15hp Yamaha kicker used today :) Standard thrust, electric start, power trim and tilt, long shaft and comes complete with controls. I'm probably going to look into the dual thrust props. They seem like they might be worth it. I should have it sometime next week. I still need to order the Ez steer and the 3 way valve to hook it up to my 61 gallon tank. :rofl: Any suggestions where I should get this valve from. I'm probably going to hold off for a little while on the control king as much as I want it now but I need a few more things on my boat first.

I ran an independent fuel line right from the tank, much more direct route and included a primer bulb. Most tanks have easy access for adding a second feed line also I like the option to kick in the big motor at any time.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png