Fishfinder with dual monitors?

eye8astonie

Just wondering if anyone has found a fishfinder with dual monitors that won't break the bank? Do they even make them? Would be nice if the person in the bow and the person in the stern each had a monitor to look at. Haven't had any luck searching for them.

Thanks,

Duane

I found it was not much more expensive to buy 2 separate units. This way, if your 1 transducer craps out, you can still use the other one. I have 2 200/50 tranducers. Set one on 50 and one on 200. I tilt one transducer back so I can see the rigger balls and put my lures right above the marks. Takes the guess work out of it.

Humminbird has a connector on the transducer lead that can split the signal to different screens. Other brands probably have a similar system.

Lowrance and Hummingbird accomplish this through a "network" or ethernet sharing devices. The possibilities are endless on what you can do with these networks, it doesn't stop at 2 units either you can hook up sensors for fuel flow, engine readings, or a 3rd unit, share waypoints, transducers, GPS pucks (not map chips though those read from the head unit)

Lowrance has the most affordable and most expandable options for the rec fisherman, I have a small network in my boat and will be adding to it this year.

Raymarine and Garmin use slave units with 'brains' like vince said, there stuff is 2-3x more money than Bird or Lowrance though.

Here is some reading.

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine ... e-Network/

http://store.humminbird.com/products/41 ... _INTERLINK

Certain times of the year they have specials through Cabeles and or BPS when you can buy two HDS-5's or two HDS-7's with network cables one transducer and one GPS puck and save money, keep your eyes peeled.