new to fishing lake ontario

hey guys

i fish the rivers from lake ontario all my life for slamon and trout and this year ive decided to try trolling lake ontario them and i have no idea what to do

i have a princecraft pro 165 with a 50 merc on it 08 model

can anyone give me some advice on what i need to get to start fishing for em this summer and some techniques thanks :)

redwing, there's a ton of info on here if you read through some old posts. I would also suggest booking a charter out of or near the port you plan to fish out of. A charter will shorten your learning curve bigtime ;)

Shawn

I agree with FX's comments. I learned it all on my own, talking to other fishermen at the launch, looking at other boats, and researching the tactics. That was almost 20 years ago, and the act of trolling comes naturally to me now, although within about 2-3 years after starting to learn the process, I had it down pretty well. There are also seminars given by charter captains throughout the year which are very beneficial. Lots of information on here and online. Also, look at charter and product websites, like A-TOM-MIK. Many will give tips on what to use and where to target the salmon throughout the season.