swim bladder CandR video

I hope not to let you down with the fish pics! ive decided that every cent I earn thats left from paying bills is going towards fishing, whether its gas, lure replacements, line, pretty much anything that needs replacing or that gets broken/lost. im a die hard now and I havent even gotten a pure bred yet!

Ronix,I watched the video,Marc is right on the stress issues,look at the fishes eyes if they look like they are starting to form a gloss like cataract over their eyes,leave the fish in the water.Picture should be in the water if fish is stressed.If using a net,scoop the fish and then use the net as a holding pen next to the boat,never lift a fish out of the water to the boat in the net,the fish will roll up tangleing the lure hooks in the net mesh,usualy means the fish is out of water to long and will die.Never let a muskie go from your hand in the revival stage until you see the little fin on the fishes back toward the fishes tail start to waiver from side to side,by then the fish will be trying to fight from your hand.Early release will usualy mean a belly up fish. Do not pull fish back & forth through the water,this drowns the fish,hold the fish upright under water pointed toward wind or current moved water direction.

Yes,handling fish when they are over stressed especialy durring very warm water conditions,you can loose the fish with to much out of water time,best to leave fish in the water for the picture & release when water temps are 70 degrees and above.

Capt. Larry

After watching this I have thought about painting a "ruler" on each side of the exterior of my boat so I can get a quick measurement without taking them out of the water.

I was a little put of at the beginning, he made it seem like catch and release was a bad thing but I guess he is just trying to emphasize the fact that these fish are so fragile.