California Osprey Eagle

stan

My fishing partner and I where catching Kings off the boards, when we noticed a pair of Osprey circling above us at about 50'. Then one of the two dove down and turned and hit Dales Chartreuse Yozuri 100' back off the tow line feet first, taking another 150' to 200' of line and the fun began. Dales rod was bent like he had a 40 Lb ocean run King on and no control of the bird. With a lure stuck in his/her foot circling the boat at about 10' off the water wrapping up 6 rods, antenna and mast on the bow of the boat he/ she circled the boat about 23 times before falling into the lake. Once the lure was taken out of his/her foot, I placed the net under he/her and walked he/her to the bow of the boat and away from us. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

9r6710.jpg

4kjoyx.jpg

9899c3.jpg

2qxthes.jpg

15mk60k.jpg

14dkroj.jpg

14dkroj.jpg

10e3n5x.jpg

iy32g2.jpg

34h8g1c.jpg

24mudrm.jpg

x3xvsj.jpg

2csdwjn.jpg

OFF ON THE LOWER RIGHT YOU CAN SEE A WING AS IT WAS FLYING ONCE AGAIN

Man, you got some real challenges fishing out there in Cali Stan!!!...fishing for kings 250 feet down, catching birds, getting tangles beyond FUBAR!...I have had pelican caught on my bunker being tossed to the surf, those are not fun :( ....last ice season I was out on Hemlock and watched a Bald Eagle come down and steal a guys trout sitting on the ice :lol: . Cool pics of a bird we don't have here...but I ride in an Aquasport OSPREY 8) ....Thanks for sharing Stan!

Mark