Canandaigue 4-21.

I made plans to fish out of I Bay this morning but I think there was to much wind to fish out of the 16ft. today, so I decided to head down to Canandaigue and try out of Woodville. Got on the water about 8am, through out 2 boards, before I could get a line out my partner had a board line into the prop and cut off the board, my fault :( he's new at this so I only screemed a little ;) . There was a lot of mud and wind on the east side so I moved back to the west side and worked the shore inside 100fow and never moved a rod, had two flat lines with sticks out and a rigger down 90ft. and a dipse out 240ft. Didn't mark anything , moved out to about 170fow and started marking bait down deep, I never fished there before so I don't know the land marks , my pardner he thought the hill on the east shore was bear hill. We turned and went back down the west side In 180-190fow changed the flat lines to spoons and put a spinny and fly down 90ft, and put a spinny and fly out 300ft. on the wire, speed from 1.8 to 2.8sog. OMG fish on off the rigger, nice laker about 6-7 lbs. No skunk :) . We stuck it out till about 3:30 and called it a day. It was cold, windy and snow squalls all day but a good day fishing. :) Mike.

Gotta respect ya for not lettin the weather keep you off the water. The last guy I fished with only had one board. The boat kept going in circles. We caught one fish and I'm not sure how we even managed that one.

Be patient, weather is gonna break.

I was working along the West shore today up in the hills. I should have taken a picture b/c the lake looked a very cool aqua blue and that mud line at the South end looked phenominal. Too bad you couldn't stick to the East side. Good job gettin out...winds have been nasty lately.

Troutman

Your right about the water color it would have been a great picture. I don't know where the hills are but I did see one boat out about half way down the lake Could that have been you? How did you make out,hope you got into them. :yes: .

Maybe I read your post wrong and you weren't fishing just working. :( .

Good Job over that way :yes: The water is still so cold it is hard to get them going. The bows are still a little layed up from spawning and the brown numbers have been down the last two years on Canandaigua. One of these mornings you will hit that South end and things will happen fast. Sean