Navionics iPad App

excavr

Does anyone have feedback on the Navionics iPad App? I downloaded the app for my HTC phone and I wasn't impressed with it. Are there differences in quality and detail between the Apple app and HTC app? I fish Western New York and the Finger Lakes.

I've noticed a few comments over the winter from guys that had just downloaded the app. Now that you've had it a while, how does it perform? There are a few comments on iTunes about the app crashing and losing planned routes.

I am expecting Fedex to deliver my iPad on Tuesday. Any other apps a fisherman would find useful?

Works great on both my iPhone and iPad. Very cheap too compared to the chip version. $9.99 for iPhone app and $29.99 for iPad app (or $34.99 if you want all of Canada as well). Now I can plot my course, record my waypoints, check the weather, take a photo of the small kings I catch and post them right to LO Tweets all from one device...... technology is moving too fast even for me these days..... :phone: What happened to the good ol' days of Uncle Jerry asking me to change out the paper graph, dad smokin' those unfiltereds and gas under a buck per gallon? :lol:

We(Navionics) consolidated our apps. We now offer one app for all of the US including the great lakes. The latest app comes with real time wind, photos of inlets and more...

For those running Raymarine c wide, e wide, e classic and g series can install a wireless router to the plotter. This allows a Navionics app user with the latest app version to plan and drop waypoints at home or away from the boat and when they get onto there boat, the information and waypoints sync to the plotter

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We(Navionics) consolidated our apps. We now offer one app for all of the US including the great lakes. The latest app comes with real time wind, photos of inlets and more...

For those running Raymarine c wide, e wide, e classic and g series can install a wireless router to the plotter. This allows a Navionics app user with the latest app version to plan and drop waypoints at home or away from the boat and when they get onto there boat, the information and waypoints sync to the plotter

Chris,

I believe it was yourself I met at the launch in Picton (Bay of quinte last fall and at the Toronto Boat show. In Picton I was with Mathew of Torpedo Divers when you noticed his Sonar block on the back of his boat.

I have been thinking of trying this on the ipad2. If I get the app INAVX then what else would I need to fish the Great Lakes?

I am in Canada so I hope the US map also includes the Canadian side of the lakes? I also fish Lake St Clair and would definately like to have it included. I also fish some Northern Ontario Lakes.

I current have a Hotmaps Premium Canada and a Hotmaps Gold Region 14. which I use in my lowrance handheld and 522.

Yes sir, that was me! The bite turned on after you fellas left. We found them after three days of near fishless days. They were under the diving seagulls in Picton Bay. Just like in the ocean. We kept seeing gold flashes right under the surface. It was different for sure.

I have never used the INAVX app and I think it costs around $20 more than ours. Navionics app is less money and available for US and Canada.

Our latest version offers real time wind forecasting, Plotter sync for raymarine users and more.

Wow,(hint hint) i hope the price (hint) of some of the chips comes down a tad...I ant smart enuf for a smart phone plus the salt water in the keys might be a issue,,soon as i geta gps for the boat(fla one ) i might have to bite the bullett again and get one for down there ....will the new chips offer all the bells and whistles or do ya link with other programs for the I pads..?

Ray

Navionics Platinum charts offer the bells and whistles if you ask me. 3d imagery, shading, panoramic views and the Fish'N Chip is built in. The app is a great viewer and planner but should not replace a plotter. For one, it is not waterproof. and, I do not for see the cost of chips coming down at all. chips have the most detail followed by apps followed by scaled back imbedded data that comes with various plotter units.

Yes sir, that was me! The bite turned on after you fellas left. We found them after three days of near fishless days. They were under the diving seagulls in Picton Bay. Just like in the ocean. We kept seeing gold flashes right under the surface. It was different for sure.

I have never used the INAVX app and I think it costs around $20 more than ours. Navionics app is less money and available for US and Canada.

Our latest version offers real time wind forecasting, Plotter sync for raymarine users and more.

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. And sorry I thought Inavx was from Navionics so that clears some things up. As for the Navionics app which is what I would like to get can I assume it has good coverage for all the Great Lakes? Does it include Lake St Clair? I will also keep my other chips on board in my lowrance gps/sonar for navigation as well but would like to play with the ipad app as well. I realize buying the Navionics app would not be a big deal to buy it and try it but I do not have the ipad yet so that purchase hinges on it. I did play with the app the you had at the Toronto boat show but was nt planning a purchase at the tims so did not look at it in enough detail.

No worries. You can get the same coverage on phones too. Cheaper avenue

If you buy the US $ Canada map app, you get all the maps we have for all waters including st. Clair

Will you be at the Wilson Invitational by chance. If so, we can look at the apps there

The pc app is amazing. Ive spent hrs upon hrs browsing different areas while watching tv on my couch. So nice to research from the comfort of home