Had an outstanding day today fishing with Salmonhunter4, FX, Sliderbite, Eskimo Joe, & L&M. We took it easy getting out on the water, giving the boat's windshield time to defrost & by 9:15 we were going thru the chute. We no sooner got 3 rods rigged on the planer board & a rod fired. Eskimo Joe's lightning quick reflexes sprang into action, but he was too short to get the rod out of the rodholder. FX handed the rod off to him and he, Hank, & Bill continued to rig the other planer board & a second rod fired. Joey was bringing his up to the boat & I fought the 2nd fish. Finally both fish were landed and we had 8 rods rigged on the planer boards. All of a sudden, we had triples, landed them all, reset the rods, and then had a quad going. We were all laughing about our good luck and having a good ol time of it. All 4 were landed and we continued fishing. At the end of 4 hrs fishing, we had landed 17 Browns & 1 Coho. (dropped 3 through the day) Browns were mostly cookie cutter 5-7 pounders with a nice 10 and 11 pounder. The Coho went about 5-6 lbs. Color didn't seem to matter today as we caught fish on everything we threw out there. Sticks and spoons took fish equally. It was one of the best days I've ever had on the water in a long time being with good friends. Catching fish was the bonus. If you haven't put your boat in the water yet, do it soon. The fish are in and waiting to play.

dcp_1163.jpg

dcp_1165.jpg

dcp_1166.jpg

Here's Hank dancin a jig he's so happy

dcp_1159.jpg

Great report Bob! I saw Hank's boat come out of the chute and head west, but didn't realize you guys were on board. We were to the east.

We got out a little earlier and got off to a bad start with three misses before we landed the first brown. We ended up with 9 for 13 with 8 browns and 1 steelhead. I was a beautiful morning to be on the lake!

Jim

Yes indeed it was a Great Day at Port Bay. Great friends, lots of laughs, and great fishin as a bonus. Here are some more pics:

Port_Bay_4_22_11_06.jpg

Port_Bay_4_22_11_08.jpg

Port_Bay_4_22_11_03.jpg

Port_Bay_4_22_11_04.jpg

Definitely one for the memory books!

Shawn

I arrived just in time to witness the filleting. Eskimo Joe had the whip out making his dad do all the work and Hank was telling the little guy he had to rinse his hands off in the slimy bucket of water. Should have seen his face, priceless.