Did NY pass three rod?

@ $75.00 a ticket for "More than 2 Lines" (I speek from experience) :$ , it would be a lot cheaper to buy a couple stamps at 10 bucks each to run extra lines.

You spend $10 for a chance to get a Doe tag and that's on a lottery system.:thinking:

.....and besides. I'm not putting any ideas in Albany's head......They are waaay ahead of us when it comes to ways to levy fees thank you vary much.:smirk:

Adding the print to the Fishing Regulation Books and Administrating the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would cost more money then the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would bring in in funds! It will be a General Fishing Regulations Change,even the bank fishermen will get the 3rd rod.

Last I heard the Conservation Commitee gave the Bill back to the NY State Assembly.Already passed the NY State Senate.

I sent an email to NY State Assemblyman Sam Hoyt asking where the 3 Rod Rule Bill is?

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Vice Pres. E.L.E.C.B.A.

Adding the print to the Fishing Regulation Books and Administrating the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would cost more money then the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would bring in in funds! ............

I know. :wait: ...it's kinda like the new NYS license plates,... right?

"Adding the print to the Fishing Regulation Books and Administrating the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would cost more money then the $10 3rd Rod Stamp would bring in in funds." Isnt that what were already paying for???? That sounds a bit like BS. Cmon.

When your talking about changing the printing setup and adding a new regulation in over 1.7 million Fishing Regulation Books the costs add up.Now if you add a stamp you have costs to design,proof & print,so if it was done it would most likely be an endorsement on your Fishing License when you make the purchase.Years back there were Musky Tags to fish Chautauqua Lake.You got 3 plastic tags for $7,once you used up your tags you could not keep any more muskies.The cost to produce and administrate the Chautauqua Muskie Tag Program was almost twice the revenue generated by the tag sales,so they scraped the program.Unless everyone that fishes paid the $10 for the 3rd Rod Stamp,it most likely would not be profitable.I would not give them any Idea's,they would probably like to raise the Fishing License $10 more for the 3rd Rod if they knew they could get it.I think they can just conform with PA and change the 2 Lines to a 3 Lines in the General Fishing Regulation,no need for anyone to pay more for it.As it is now its very hard to get Charter Clients to come to NY State to fish since the Non-Resident Annual Fishing License is $70,add $10 more dollars and make it $80 you could make it 4 rods per person and they would not come.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Vice Pres. E.L.E.C.B.A.

If you guys are actually entertaining the idea of paying more for somthing you are already paying more than enough for , God help us all. This is partly how all this financial madness we are in now gets started. The net profit would more than likly be a loss the way gov runs things. I can see it now w/ an xtra rod stamp. DEC boat drives by 2 guys fishing w/ 6 rods , pulls you over to check & see if you have a stamp or not.They will be driving around 12 miles offshore , as I saw them this last year, looking for Xtra rod guys, w/ gas at 5 bucks a gallon.When this thing passes ,It should be at no cost to NYS licence holders. Don't be a chump and fall for any addl "FEES".This cost's the state nothing. In fact they benifit from addl tax rev from fishing tackle sales, so I'm suprised it's taking so long. But it seems that our elected officials have the buisness sence of a downrigger weight so I should not be surprized.