Replicas

There is a shop behind Woodys in Port Ontario it is Fish Wish Tx. She has a web site. Did the mounts for Gander mt..

Maggie Rathje

15 Hotchkiss Drive

Pulaski, N.Y. 13142

315-298-4588

There is a shop behind Woodys in Port Ontario it is Fish Wish Tx. She has a web site. Did the mounts for Gander mt..

Maggie Rathje

15 Hotchkiss Drive

Pulaski, N.Y. 13142

315-298-4588

:yes: She gets my business, as well. First King mount I ever had done was by her and it still looks fantastic 13 years later. :yes:

Heres a replica Lake O brown I recently finished. Since there was no custom mold of the fish made I modified a commercial blank to match my reference "have to do that alot lol."

Heres the original head on the blank.

DSCN1513.jpg

DSCN1514.jpg

Mouth interior sculpted.

DSCN1699.jpg

Jaw attached.

DSCN1704.jpg

Hand painted eyes and finished head ready for paint.

RSCN1694.jpg

RSCN1829.jpg

RSCN2345.jpg

RSCN2348.jpg

RSCN2346.jpg

RSCN2376.jpg

Each scale is hand painted an average of 3-5 times to build depth in the paint.

RSCN2392.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 11 months later...
I was wondering if anyone knows who mvernelson is? Does anyone have a phone number? I am interested in having him do a brown trout replica for me.

Mike Vernelson is an extremely talented taxidermist, sculptor and special effects artist who also designs some of the most incredible dioramas in the world for zoos and museums. He is currently living near the Oswego/Mexico area although he travels a lot due to his museum and zoo work.

I will send him an email and tell him to take a look at this post and he can decide if he wants to post his number.

Mike - that's beautiful work, really. I looked up some of your other work - any habitat planned for this one?

Cali - send him a PM.

Thanks, Paul. Figured you knew each other - you just did a lecture up that way this weekend, didn't you?

You can also try Capt Vince's brother I have heard the Thrillseeker crew recently gave him a few projects to keep him busy!! I will let him chime in if he wants to post his brothers number if not, PM me and I can give it to you.

Thanks Jeremy for mentioning Mark. He only does fish replicas, takes pride in his work, and can be reached @ 585-489-5245.

I would be remiss not to mention that Paul does excellent fish, and does both replicas and skin mounts.

Anyone who goes through Newfane can see a King replica Mark did at LaRock outdoors. Hope the Penny is working out great for you, Jeremy.

pm is answered. There is a wide variety of fish work out their and Paul will agree its a "get what you pay for" thing, Paul's work is definately topnotch! Location of your taxidermist is not a factor as far as fish are concerned because they are easily packaged and shipped. You shouldnt restrict yourself to only choosing from whos local to your home..

Mike.