Setting up a crestliner 22' Sabre

Tony

I have set up 2 sabres ( 22 and a 20) and on both i used a trolling bar setup - i did that becuase of my marine railway car - I recently set up a smaller polarkraft and used a track system .

If I were doing a sabre now I would definately go to the track system - 48" down each side and a shorter one in accross the back from each corner .the ability to move things around based on what you are fishing for is light years ahead of the old style setups

i use track systems.. i dont think it matters between traxtech or berts cause they are the same besides the finish.... i wouldnt use the downrigger mounts with the tracks. i used them all last year and was not happy at all they would loosen up and flop your downriggers all over... fixed bases and tracks for everyhting else!!

• 1 year later...

I agree with mbm on the fixed downrigger bases. I thought about doing the tracks for the 'riggers, but chose not to. I have the Traxtech system on my Islander for the rod holders, net holders, etc, but went with their 6" raised mounts for the Cannons. Very happy with the end result!

Look at Greatlakesplaners. Tony makes a great product and better yet made right here on Lake Ontario.

I'm buying a set of his 4' Single Planer Plus' this season. Saw his products at a show and my crew was begging me to do the upgrade. Gotta keep them happy, too!!