Braid as main line for trolling - no leader Poll question

So, I have a friend who respooled his downrigging rods last year with braid. (I don't know the brand or lb. test but I'm sure it's in the 15-20 lb. range.) He is not running any mono or flouro leader at any time from the main line to the swivel. This spring while Brown fishing I told him I think he needs to run mono or flouro leader or even respool some of his older line with 8-10 lb. mono and see if this would make a difference.

I run braid on one of my dipsy rods (which doubles for muskie fishing) and I know some of you guys do, too, but I believe you would still always be running mono leaders to your lures.

So, the poll questions are:

1. Would you run braid at all on your downrigger rods, especially for spring Brown trout fishing?

2. If you do run braid as the main line on downrigger setups would you run it without mono or fluoro leaders?

Thank you for your answers.

1. I would not run braid because my lures will dive too deep. I like to tuck in as shallow as possible at times trolling browns. Braid lets your lures dive deeper because of line diameter.

2. Floro leaders help significantly if the water is clear. If the water is stained, it will not be much of an issue.

No way, I run Mono and I like it.

1st. I like the stretch, most of my clients want to rip the hooks out of the brown trouts mouth as it is. With braid, They would rip all the hooks out, our landing % will drop.

2nd, Price, not the first spool up but the 2nd and 3rd. Most trips I'm running 5 sometimes 6 rods on each board, and some fish just don't follow the rules and go to the back of the boat before comming in, and they catch some of the other lines and then we cut and retie. I've already added line to 2 spools this year.

Don't get me wrong, I only use Trilene xt, that's pricey enough.

Capt. Dave