Canandaigua...Woodville Launch 4/27/11

Was working in the area today and herd about all the rain that was in the South Bristol, Woodville area so I had to check it out. Anyone planning to fish Canandaigua this weekend, I think would have a tuff time launching at Woodville the docks are a foot underwater and so are all the parking spots on the east side (lake side) of the launch I suppose it could be done with some hip boots but you might want to look into the North end launch.

Tom

Crazy weather, I drove past the boat houses this morning on the pier on the north end lots of damage there! Some of the houses took such a pounding the structures are leaning. The docks at Saegers are underwater, I think we could use a dry spell.

I checked out the north end of Canandaigua Lake this afternoon at the launch ramp and at the pier. The water level is about 8 inches from the top of the docks at the ramp and at the pier some of the boat houses in the interior section have water going into them through their doors and floors. There is all sorts of debris floating in the lake presenting major hazzards to anyone entertaining the thought of going out there. The water is also quite muddy for as far as the eye can see. If the rain keeps up the parking lot at the north end launch ramp will be under water too as the pond there is very flooded. The permanent docks at Seager Marine are totally under water as is the stone barrier in the channel near there.

Sk8man