Charter boat advice taken

Well I have booked a evening charter trip with Billy V for July 28 and can't be more excited. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

The problem is we get to Fairhaven park on July 22. We will still be fishing the lake all around the park up until we go on the charter. I've had some luck with rubber worms and bass on the parks interior water by the diving boards but the lake by the piers towards the bluff has me stumped. Any suggestions with top water, spoons or jigs?

You would be better off using a slip sinker rig with shiners. I fished off the very very end of that pier and it was the only way I could get the smallies to bite. I tried black tube jigs, spinners, and crankbaits. They would follow but no commitment. Didn't have any luck anywhere else in the area.

if you can get out on the lake,go out about 100 yds off the west peir and drift with shinners or crayfish. If you got something to ster up the bottom with drag that on the bottom they seem to like the mess it makes down there.it works for me.

if you can get out on the lake,go out about 100 yds off the west peir and drift with shinners or crayfish. If you got something to ster up the bottom with drag that on the bottom they seem to like the mess it makes down there.it works for me.