Jarhead on board

Guest Jekyll

Guest Jekyll

Hi:

Retired Marine checking in. Just joined LOU yesterday. Been fishing the lake for 3 seasons and am still working on technique and tackle. Got a 30# king on my first trip out on the lake and I don't know who got hooked harder. He's on my wall and I'm on his lake! I think that was a fair trade.

I live in Eastern PA and fish out of Oswego. I run an 18-7 Alumacraft, green and tan. My fiance and I usually pull 2 DR and 2 dipsies. Yup, I said fiance, she likes it just as much as I do. Fish the North Sandy and the Salmon in the fall. My best trip on the rivers last season was a 75 king catch in 2 days. Wore me down to the quick.

We have spotty success and a good day is defined by a fish or 2. We've only fished once so far this year (last weekend). No salmon , just 1 brown. The lake got a bit big for 18 feet on Friday so we towed it to Seneca on Saturday and really cleaned up on lakers. They were hitting faster than we could land them and reset the lines. Double after double after double. Something to be said about the luck on 7/7/07.

I do well on lakers, now I just need to improve on the kings. We monitor channel 5. You can call me Jekyll or Jarhead, just don't call me late to dinner.

In the words of a real man's man, Red Green "Remember, I'm pullin for ya, we're all in this together"

Jekyll

Guest Jekyll

Thanks Tom,

"Lock up your daughters, chain up your dogs and bring in your trash cans, the Marines are in town!" Unknown

Semper Fi

Jekyll,

Must have been a glutten for punishment. I know I still would have. I was in the Corps for 8 yrs till some dumb Navy doc boched a hernia surgery in Oki. Was with 2/7 till we got back to 29 Palms and then they Med Boarded me, What a pisser. Had a great time while I was in, I went to far away lands and meet new and intreasting people, and then killed them, so if your ever out in wayne co. In NY and want to go fishing with another Marine let me know and will go tell war stories.

Semper Fi Leatherneck,

Woody5442

Sgt Tracy Woodhams

2/7 Fox Co 1st Squad Leader