Total Boated:12

Species Breakdown:browns

Hot Lure: spoons

Trolling Speed: 2-2.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 5-15

Lure Depth: shallow

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS First light had rods popping. Couldn't get all the rods set for the first hour and had our limit of nine by 7:30. Several doubles and at times only had one rod set. A couple of 6-8 lbs and one about 9 lbs. the rest were cookie cutters. At about 9:00 the wind shifted and we couldn't find the fish. Washed lures for two hours without a take. Fished toward Selkirk and found warm muddy water but still no fish. Waves kicked up and we headed in. A lot more traffic out today. A bit of combat fishing, at times, but I expect that on the weekends.

====================

DSC_0001.jpg

Nice going Kevin. We didn't get there until 9 and put together a nice couple of hours. We went a little west of the Little Salmon. All natural stuff in 10 feet or so. I put up a video that shows the details on the video page.

Thanks for the report, Kevin. We launched at Mexico around 11:00 Saturday morning, and trolled both west and east, but never had a hit. The NW wind was kicking up pretty good, so we only fished about 3 hours. First time trolling for browns, so not sure what we may have been doing right or wrong. Used Stingers and stickbaits, heard on the radio that they were hitting good in 10 fow so we stayed around there for the most part but also ventured out to about 20 and everywhere in between. We don't have boards, so we were just flatlining about 150 feet back with no weight. Kept our speed around what the other boats were doing. Any suggestions on what to try differently would be appreciated, but we chalked it up to the wind and our late start. Would love to get back and try again this year, but once walleye opens, don't know if I can do it!

Duane

Look for water that is greenish color and warmer in temperature. When I see clear water and am not hitting fish I make a run. Often fish are along a mud line near shore or at a river mouth Direction of the wind will often take this mud line with it. I often put a split shot or two, three feet ahead of sticks or spoons, especially if fishing water deeper than 8'. Also will use riggers when in deeper water. I like to use 10 lb. line and fairly long leads(100-175') Without boards you might even run longer leads. The fish definitely move around . Some days they are in tight in 5 fow and other days in 20 fow. If you're not hitting fish don't be afraid to pick up and move. Also vary your speed by making S turns if traffic allows. This often triggers hits and may also help if you're flat-lining. We've been doing well on silver/green spoons and natural sticks. Also fish seem to shut down after 11:00 or so. We seem to do best at sunrise and for the first few hours there after.

My brother and I have been turkey hunting the last two mornings and have taken two Toms and a Jake but may head back to the Lake this week if weather cooperates. I may run out of Stony as it's closer to home and I hear they are hitting there as well.