Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 9, 3

Total Boated:5, 2

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure: Smithwick Rogue Blk Silv Orng, wild no name spoon, Thunderstick blu silv org

Trolling Speed: 1.5 2.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 12- 22

Lure Depth: surf plugs, spoons 6ft dwn

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Fished east, inside ,tight to the banks in morning with nothing. Went out to a very defined mud line & worked that for 7 of the bites Sat. 2 other fish were in middle of mud off a point. 3 nicest fish were 10, 9.5 and 8.5 lb. 3 lost fish were do to my poor choice of going stealthy with 8lb test stren flouro leaders . 2 other 8-10lb class fish were lost off the back and tangled in the other line do to backing off troll speed to early. Sun went west no defined line edge hit 3 bites in 13 -16ft giving up the best spoon to another line break. If anyone knows the name of that spoon in the pic, I'd appeciate it. I bought it in a grab bag off Ebay. Also what's the norm for spring browns line test? Thanks

====================

fairhaven_brns_11_004a.jpg

fairhaven_brns_11_007c.jpg

fairhaven_brns_11_008a.jpg

fairhaven_brns_11_013a.jpg

You are running about the right line test. Most people fishing browns in the early spring i would say use 8-15 lb fluorocarbon, i typically like to bump it up to 12 for my spring fishing because you never know when one of those spring kings might take a whack, and the fluorocarbon is practically invisible to the fish anyhow. I also fish out of fairhaven, as i live on the bay. Nice report and good luck.

Nice job Cuz !!!!! A Pig with a Bills hat now that's funny !!!!!! :lol::rofl::P

was the floro line (cheap$$) or floro leader material ( $$$$) !!! The tuffest (cheap $) floro line I've found is P-Line..........I've been using that for my sliders.........if I'm adding 30' or 40' to the main line I've stayed with the leader material……………..so far it worked great a little pricy BUT !!!!!!!!

Thanks L&M for the spoon ID.

Cuz- The line I was using was stren flouro cast 8lb. It said all flouro not just flouro coated. It was not leader material though. It broke on the knot area. As if the knot strength capability is poor???????

I think I'll follow FairHavenfisherman and bump up to 12 and some P line. I used P line once and liked it

Those are some NICE fish, I need to get up there for my shake-down outing... SOON!

How's the launch at the state park? or better yet, what is the water level like on the bay and out in the lake?

Nice Buckboard looks like you had a great day and those are some darn nice browns. Just about time for the drag car to come out isn't it. :yes: Hope you light them up man other cars and the fish to.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. The Launch was great. When looking at the water level, the whole lake looks to be up 2-3ft as gauged by the walk over bridge on Sterling inlet. Rain has been raising havic at most of the drag strips. Will do a shake down in a few weeks after they get some rubber laid down.