5/1 Cayuga

Had a great day today. We launched at long point and starting fishing @7:30. We had Anthony along with us to reel in the copper and wire lines :devil::lol: . Right off the bat we hit a couple before we got all of our rods in. Then after everything was set rods started flying. We had fish on 5 out of six rods all at the same time. a 600 copper 3 wire rods and a rigger rod all with fish on behind the boat and no tangles :yes: . The morning was action packed and then it slowed down a little with the overcast but still steady. We had many double and a few triples. The spin doctor bite was good today, grease trap did some work also. we caught fish from 130-200+ ft of water down 80-110ft. White spin doctor with green dots and a BW green dot fly did well as well as the "Smilin' Wes" spinny. Our biggest laker was 12.5# and we had many over 8. We caught one salmon first thing. We did 27 for the day and lost quite a few on our first few passes. Awsome day!

5_1_2011_007.jpg

5_1_2011_003.jpg

5_1_2011_010.jpg

12.5# er!!!! :yes::yes:

5_1_2011_006.jpg

No this isn't a pre-schoolers art project its the Smilin' Wes (as named by Anthony today) Unfortunaty for me the oldmans artwork caught a majority of the fish today so i'll have to wait a few more weeks to get that thing out of the takle box lol

good luck everyone!

Ben

At last the smilin Wes spinny is out of the closet. Made this as a joke to tick the kid off and it worked :lol: He would let me run it but I would have to hide it when we came back to the launch :devil: It seems like even fish like a smile. As you can see in our pics we have been using a fish grip (like boga grip without scale) We get a quick measurement for angler diary, pic and release in less than a minute. I love watching those big girls swimming away to fight another day. Wes

Thanks Wes and Ben for some awesome Quality Time yesterday! My arm still hurts! You need to put the smilin’ wes into production, that thing catches fish. Having 5 fish on at once was one of my best fishing moments, you guys are fishing machines. Thanks again for a great day on the water.

I didn't make it out yesterday but reading your report is the next best thing. :yes: Thanks for sharing

I see you sucked Anthony into manning the 600' copper. Wonder if he'll do that again. Better save some friends for tournament days or you'll have to do that yourself. :lol:

Thanks everyone! It was a great day, that is the biggest laker we have had in the boat. I had a great time sharing stories with Anthony and busting on my dad :lol: . It was a very productive trip that we all enjoyed. This sport is about having fun and we all had a great time out there.

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

On a sad note the smilen Wes spin doctor was laid to rest at the bottom of Cayuga lake. You would think with a sacrifice that large to fish gods we would have done better at the B and B derby :lol:

I'm still not sure that Ben did not cut the thing off when I was not looking :D I have an idea for an even better Smilen Wes. More colors ,doll eyes with eye lashes and maybe even lipstick. Hope I can have it done in time for the lake trout derby. Wes