The truth about fishing from Wilson to the Bar

The water is in a tail spin, very mucky water from the 57 line to the boarder out to over 300, when you cross the edge it drops off to 39 degrees black water with nothing in it. The best for the last 2 days has been the Lake trout bite from in front of Wilson to the 57 line anywhere from 60-80 FOW from 20 down to the Bottom.. Hot bait has been DW Wonder bread super glows in all sizes. Bob Steven (Sunrise II) and I fished these waters very hard and we did take a few kings and coho's but it was mostly a laker bite. We talked to many other fishermen who fished the same water with the same results. Hopefully the lake will settle down soon and the kings will settle in.

Bob Songin

Reel Excitement Charters

The mud from the MIGHTY Niagara has you in her spell. After Lake Erie settles down it will be gangbusters for all of us.

Bob thank you for sharing we the rest of us.... it's Captains like your self that make our online forum what it is

Tight Lines,

Steve

this year 99% is from the rain. lots of "raw" (unplanted and plowed )fields, Tons of silt has runoff with the unuasual and severe storms we have had in Ny ,pa,ohio, (lake erie)..

The wind has played its part with the currents ,and rapid temp shift (inversions) of the water on top of the storms,its not unuasual this time of year to have large "lifeless streaches of fish ,due to bait and temps..

usually offshore will hold some stable water,but the term "dime size pods" sorta decribe the hit and miss posability of long runs...

As you can seefrom the recent reports of the derby (canada one) the extreme west and north waters hold the fish up for a few extra weeks in this transition...

This is the time of year when the old saying 10% of the water holds 90% of the fish is reflected.

The view from the Buffalo Skyway Bridge showed cleaner water in the Canadian side of the head of the river, but the American side of LakeErie is like a chocolate milkshake color.And this morning it is still raining all night.

I could not agree more with you. The water from the plant to the bar is just plain mud mud mud.. The temp is exactly as you said it was. I fishes both sat and sun and experienced the exact same day. Sat we had browns coho lt and a big 15 lb Atlantic all fish were taken infront of the microwave in olcott . We went west on sunday and found lakers all over everywhere. Multiple quad hook ups was fun and our biggest was 19 lbs .. Out of all the people I talked to it was the same story lakers lakers lakers.. If anyone try's to tell you different well they are not fishing in niagra county. The reports posted make me laugh.. Fisherman are true liars as the poems go.. Most of what read is bs.. That's a fact. I'm glad to finally see someone honestly post the truth... Thanks bob and props to you

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

My experience last weekend echoes what you said Bob.

I like to use this website, it takes a daily satellite snapshot of the lake. Hopefully we can get a clear sky in the next day or two to get a good shot to see what the mud plume is doing http://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/lakesimcoe_satelliteimages.php

The shot from 4/30 really shows the mud pouring out from the mouth of the river

We're pushing the "chocolate" water to you guys from Lake Erie. Water out my

window in Dunkirk is all brown from all this rain!

John