kicker motor accessories

I went and bought a 8hp longshaft tohatsu with electric start kicker motor. I have a few things i am considering for it and looking for some other ideas for it. Anyone using the troll master digital throtle control or anything like it. also is it worth getting the electro steer remote kicker steering to use with it so you can use the left and right turn along with the throttle controls? or the T4 remote steer for controlling direction instead of using the ez steer bar to connect your big motor to the kicker and using the steering wheel. Also i was told if I wanted to upgrade this to a 9.8 all I have to do is change the carb because they are the same motor...is there any truth to that? Do you guys use them locking gadgets they make to lock your engine on or take them off so noone takes it.

I just installed a tohatsu kicker this spring.

I used a Controll King speed controller - it works great - there is a rep on this site if you do a search - I have a Trollmaster on my bigger boat kicker and it works fine also but it costs more

I do have mine locked on to my boat - I dont use one of the fancy outboard locks - typically you can get the clamps aligned and just use a good padlock

As far as steering I have the kickers on both my boats set up with the basic linkage rod sold at cabelas ( about $30) that links kicker to main OB with simple quick lock ball connectors at the front of the engine - it works great

I use a ControllKing for the throttle on mine. I love it. I considered forward controls but in hind sight am glad I went with the digital throttle control. You can fine tune your speed instantly from the helm, also bump the throttle at an time which a lot of times triggers a strike. I vote for a Digital throttle controller :yes:

TD

Ill definitley get the digital throttle control. I will probly end up with the linkage bar to both engines. I saw on the trollmaster or controll king with the option to use them to steer the motor seems like a nice feature...expensive but didn't know if it was a good investment. Aslo what kind of mounting bracket do you have the motor clamped onto or it is clamped right on the transom. Mine is going on a 17 foot aluminum.do kicker motors drive fairly straight or if you leave the wheel for a minute and the boat spins around.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

i think im gonna get the troll master digital throttle control pro 3 model that has the steering option and get the servo motor to control the engine in a few months. i think using that remote would be easier than going back nd forth to the wheel while setting lines and reeling in fish it can be used with the linkage so i could use both at the same time.