Irondequoit boat launch

Is anybody besides me irritated that they have to keep buying a daily launch pass and can't buy a season launch pass yet. I buy one ever year as I use the launch 50 or 60 times a season. I've also been told the pass won't be good for the Genesee river launch? Anybody know what's going on with that launch?

I asked yesterday at the booth and they said they had them - I have a different issue in that I have 2 boats and they say they issue the permit per trailer - I think that if I am getting an annual use permit is should cover both boats as long as I can show that I own them both

oh well - cant fight city hall ( or in this case county hall)

That's good to know they have the passes. I agree, they should give you a sticker for each trailer. I not sure what's happening at the river launch as they've taken the launch fee signs down. I hope they don't close the launch?

That's good to know they have the passes. I agree, they should give you a sticker for each trailer. I not sure what's happening at the river launch as they've taken the launch fee signs down. I hope they don't close the launch?

They are planning to close the ramp when they build the condos (for those who can afford) and dig out slips for rich out of towners for temp docking. They have put in a ramp and parking for another 10 cars and trailers on the west side up river at the turn around. Another ramp is suppose to go in on the east side in the foot print of the old Stutson St bridge with limited parking. They haven't started this one yet. I think there's problems with Voyagers. Alot of parking is goimng to lost at Charlotte but the city said they will have off site parking with shuttles for events. Now thats a real drawing card. :@ Charlotte will never be the same. All in all the little guy gets screwed just so the city can get more tax base on the condos and slips

• 4 weeks later...
the thing that makes me mad is that we can not use the launch after dark, or can you if you buy a season pass?

No Jeff you can not use it. It is considered a park and you must obey the usual park hours of operation. Got a ticket back in the day :devil: for having my trailer there while out after hours.