Irish Knots

Name: Chris

Home Port: Mexico bay

Boat Name/Type: Irish Knots (2005 Parker 2520xl)

These are pics of work in progress, lacking decals a good cleaning and wax and some more Traxstech gear!!!

See you on the water - 1st trip we got 13 in the boat! Looking forward to our next trip out

==================

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Looking Great Chris, like Andy said, not sure how much cleaner it can get. lol Glad to hear you slimed it up the right way with the kids. See you in home port soon brother.

Rich

Thanks guys did alot of traveling and searching, this is not what i expected to end up with but

with time i think it will be perfect...the deck space is awesome in the back

and running 9 rods saturday almost seemed to easy....

Just need to get used to it and things will come together very nicely

That's the problem haven't waxed it yet!!!

I must say after spending the day on this boat it is very nice! I was hesitant about the outboard but I was proved very wrong! This is one sweet ride! :yes: The deck space will rival any 28-33ft fishing boat out there. And it sips fuel, I didnt see the gauge move all day!

Awesome boat. Rigging looks good too. Any plans to add a workstation/tackle table?? Enough room to put something really nice together. Just curious, what kind of speed do you see out of that set up? (W.O.T. and cruise)

Nice boat your going to love it. I had to go check the poll barn to make shure mine was still in it. Just got mine back yesterday from the shop after the new power head was put in. If you want a tackle station or storage under your helm let me know I will get you the info for the guy who made mine. He can match the Parker Color. Sean

Some Pics of my storage

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

P4130021.jpg

Thanks guys!

The only opportunity to open her up i had 4 guys and about 150 something gallons and had her on plan and doing 35mph in seconds

it planes almost immediately and crusies i'm guessing about 28mph

i figure with less gas and less people its an easy 40mph boat

No plans to add a table of any sort...but Sean that drawer system is nice! much better look than the second steering station i've seen (have you see nthe tower that can be added)?

I'm actually going to remove a pedestal seat in the cabin and go with a bench style seat and custom tackle drawers inside the cabin

i think where you have the drawer system i will add a seat or two and will incoporate a small Bimini Top (retractable) for the rainy - Hot Sunny days for people on the deck and add the Traxstech Biminim access. for it

Sean, That is a real nice set up you have!!! I heard about the engine!!! Got me nervous, this is a 2005 and only has 70 Hours total - on a 250 Yamaha

I would like the guys number if you have it handy- that would be great

as you can see in this picture i don't have any room uder the helm...this is the 2520XL Cabin - i like the more open like yours but will sufice for now

I did something similar as you with your cutting board.....except in the center of the Live well i went with a Traxstech Swivel base and track and rod holders to run my center THumper rod or Dipsies

Will put up some pictures of inside rigged after the weekend

miscs_3_20_11_065.jpg

I like that center rod holder set up I was looking at doing something like that off the back. Call Fin Adict Marine guys first name is Brown 919 989 6813 he can build anything you want. I like that big cabin you have on nasty days that will be great. Sean

Thanks Sean,

The only thing with the cabin is seems to be alot of wasted space...

after this season and getting to fish with it i'm sure i will have some modifications to add!

Thanks for the info

IMG_0044.jpg

sean, here is how i set it up (a touch too tall yet for the kids to use, this is my 2.5year old working a small coho for her first fish)

i went with a 12" track- 4.5" swivel mount with 18"track on top and three rod holders and stacked a single in the bottom track

Have you seen the new Traxstech rod holders (Vector Originally) they've touched em up and free float mode for Dipsies! real nice!

Thx Rod....I really like the fishable space! Plus with the Traxstech systems i can play and move stuff around till i get it how i want it! Looking forward to getting some more time on it!