Henderson Eyes?

FHflo13

Hi all! Heading out this weekend for the first walley trip of the year out of Henderson Harbor and was hoping for a few tips. We've been hitting browns in the Stony Point area the last few weeks about 6 down in 15fow using stick baits but we've never been walley fishing on the lake and I'm assuming the strategy will change.

We'll be using side planers small stick baits and spoons but does anyone have advise on fow, lure depth and speed?

Any advice is appreciated!!

If I was looking for Eyes in that area, I'd head for Black River Bay. Troll the North shore of the bay. I'd make my first pass in 15 to 20 feet of water and move out deeper as needed. I like Storm Thundersticks and Bomber Long A's but most sticks in that size will work. I always had good luck with the blue/silver and black/silver, especially with red lip or orange belly. Perch and fire tiger had their days too. It's been a few years since I trolled them there but it used to be good for me. I like to run those baits way back too. Usually 150 to 200 feet or even further back fished off planer boards. Some guys have good luck on spoons too. Also some of the other bays in that area are good for eyes but I don't know that much about the other bays. Hopefully some other guys will jump in here with some more info for you but this will give you some place to start. Yes, as Landshark said, slower than Browns. Seems like 1.8 to 2.2 was good.

Thanks for the advice! We trolled the north end of black river bay and hit them on blue/silver thunderstick and green/silver spoons. Caught most going 1.7-1.9 knots, 10-15ft down in 25-35 fow. Biggest was 7.5lbs.

Thanks again!