Did three rod law change pass?

Russell wrote in her sponsor's memo that a three-rod regulation "is designed to favorably impact a fisherman's experience by increasing his probability of catching a fish. Catching a fish enhances angler satisfaction more than any other factor and is the prime determinant in deciding whether or not to make return visits to the fisheries of New York."

Russell said fishing three rods wouldn't guarantee that anglers catch more fish, but "will give them the potential to locate fish a little easier. The small-crewed boats, the ‘weekend warrior,' the recreationalist, the vacationer, the retired couple who have saved up for a boat and now have the time and health to use it will all benefit from this."

Wonder where I heard this before? Hmmm…maybe dejavue?....(for anyone that doesn’t know, those words were originally coined right here on LOU.)

DEC Assistant Director of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources Doug Stang said. "One of the things that's challenging for us is all of our rules and regulations are based on anglers being able to fish two rods."

Unfortunately politicians that don’t know their own rules are running the show. The law specifically says anglers can use two LINES Mr. Stang and ALL the rules are not based on that. I.E. ice fishing can use more lines & trot lines are perfectly legal in NYS for sportsfishing.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

We need to rid ourselves of ALL these numb #uts. This is the simplest issue and decision... a three year old could figure out what to do, and faster. I am really getting sick of this NYS BS. When i retire, i will be moving to a state that "gets it"

We need to rid ourselves of ALL these numb #uts. This is the simplest issue and decision... a three year old could figure out what to do, and faster. I am really getting sick of this NYS BS. When i retire, i will be moving to a state that "gets it"

I hear you short. I'll be right behind you. They don't call this the most dysfunctional group of lawmakers in the country for nothing! Don't hold your breath waiting for it to pass since Stang isn't for it.