Total Hits: 20

Total Boated: 16

Species Breakdown: steelhead, browns, coho's and lakers

Hot Lure: moonshine/stinger

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

Here is the picture of the leading steelhead. I posted the fishing report in Tournament talk. Very short summary. We hit the shallows early and took a few browns and cohos. Moved out deeper and hit 4 fish quickly. landed 1 8lb laker. then hit a double of lakers. rest set the rods and the this steelie hit the rigger and took off. After a brief fight he hit the deck and we raced to the weigh station. Offical weight was 17.4#

986.jpg

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Thanks guys, The odd thing was we hit those 4 fish within 15 minutes. We ran to the weigh station and return back in the same hole and never had another rod move. Return back there the next morning and went 4 hours until we hit our first fish. Had 3 break offs and one grabbed copper and fly ripped out and let go.

sometimes the steelie bite will shutdown like a light switch ,,also they will follow a warm pocket of water that holds bait thus the term (dime size pods) if the current was .5 mph sand you were busy at weighin for 1 hr ???

also in the spring when hudge bait balls offer some fast and furious feeding frenzies,almost every fish ya get will be spittin bait and fillin fast so dont circle to big to get back on them (dont tangle either)..............kinda like yer family at a thanksgiving dinner ant no dish on the table is safe for the first 10 min, after 1/2 hr the food is still there but the full bellies have backed away fish ant much smarter than us as they will gourgh when they can and go sit idle waiting for a good poop.

You will never turn a profit by fishing,

The cost to catch this fish out weighed the potential winnings.

fuel $450

4 moon shine lures $40

Lodging $260

food and beverages Who knows

And last but not least a Cannon Digitrol that shatter.

I was standing next to the rigger and all of a sudden it sounded like a shot gun went off.

The rigger broke in half. The housing around the wheel broke in half and it went into the water with the boom. It took 2 of us to hold the boom and one person to wind it up. I thought at first we had hit bottom but we were at least 20ft off the bottom. I believe that there was a crack on the base frame and it just decided that it was time to come apart.

Like one of the guys on board said boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand. I said I must have the upgraded version of Boat. I must have the BOA 5 T

Oh well if we were doing this for a profit we all would be in line for soup...