What is your favorite dipsey color?

what color dipsey is your favorite for trout/salmon?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what color dipsey is your favorite for trout/salmon?

• Black
    • clear
    • silver
    • Bright (chartruse, etc.)

What is your favorite dipsy color for trout/salmon?

Do the conditions determine what color you use?

Is size 0 (smaller) or #1 (4 1/8" diameter) preferred? Thanks BP

Thats why I like clear. I figured the fish see through it and becomes "invisible" and they concentrate on the lure. I guess if its deep and dark black would be "invisible" too. If one color worked all the time then manufacturers wouldn't make a dozen or more different colors of the same thing.(and fisherman wouldn't spend $$$$$ to have every color) :D

Don't get me wrong guys I have all different colors of dipseys but this post was favorite color and black has worked very well for me in all conditions I ran all clear at the bar this year and did ok but the rigger bite was better.Like Irish56 said darker colors work for the program I run.It's Just my opion :)

hmmm guess nobody stumbled on the glow last year not that it worked..blk, clr, glo,back to black just like the saying goes,buttttt last friday i prefished out of another boat and he used ashiny green and after a 400ft run followed by several 100ft runs during the 1/2 hr fight then gone ,id say gr grabed the biggest salmon of my life.but it was 6 to 8 ftrs with a ocasional 10ftr thrown in so i dont think the fish had time to pull out his reference guide on colors before he hit . also the boat i prefished took me east to throw me off for the derby I havent fished sodus before,and he fished west his jaw droped when i thanked him for taking me to his hot spot as he looked in my cooler the first day. like they say sometimes it better to be lucky than good..OH.#1 the bigger thingy