Black North Inn at the Oak

Was there Mon. nite w/wife and kid. Same owner i believe they said. New bathrooms is about it for the remodeling. Even had same charter Capt. sitting at bar 3rd seat from the left (that would be North for the rest of Capt's I know there). Food was still great !

Jerry

Rebel Charters

We ripped off the old kitchen, and built a brand new 30x60 foot addition on the building, which included a brand new kitchen, and new bigger bathrooms. We are now working on the building next door which will include outdoor waterfront dining, and a small tiki bar by the water!!! There was never any fire.

You guys made me remember one of the greatest Oak/Black North stories of all time. Sometime during the late 80's/ early 90's a fellow Capt had an evening charter in Sept. It was a Summer like day/eve but there were some Kings milling around the piers early in the AM and late in the afternoons. The Capt and mate pulled their lines at dusk and idled up the channel. As they passed the Black North Inn in full darkness, they were startled to hear a drag screaming. At first they thought a shore fisherman had hooked up, but soon they realized that they had inadvertantly put a rod in the overhead rod rack without reeling in the line. They had been unknowingly trolling a J-plug up the channel from the rod rack, and a King crushed it!!! Yes they landed it, to cheers from the Black North Inn porch crowd!