'Oneida Lake walleye fishing tournament still on, BUT

L&M

Lions club official: 'Oneida Lake walleye fishing tournament still on, but fishing from shore only'

Published: Wednesday, May 04, 2011, 12:32 PM Updated: Wednesday, May 04, 2011, 3:11 PM

By David Figura/The Post-Standard The Post-Standard

Ross Pickreign, vice president of the Cicero-Mattydale Lions Club, said that the club's 33rd annual walleye tournament on Oneida Lake this weekend is still a go -- despite the lake being closed down to boaters until further notice.

"The fishing tournament is still on, but fishing from shore only," he said.

He said it's subject to change, depending on what sheriff's officials do in regard to allowing boating on the lake.

"But as long as the lake is closed to boats, it will be fishing from shore only," he reiterated.

The $1,000 first prize for the largest walleye and other awards that were publicized will remain, he said.

Pickreign said there's no talk of refunds and emphasized that all contestants who paid their $10 entry fee will also be entered in a drawing for a boat, motor and trailer rig from Gander Mountain.

2 years ago I had the last fish on the board at Marion Manor Marina, in that tourney.

Can't do much about the boating restriction, so were gonna' continue with the browns on the big lake.

One thing is for sure, we WILL fish. :rofl:

Listen folks I have it figured out. I will be jigging in 20 feet of water out of my survival suit. Winning¡!!!!!!!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Heard it was wall to wall, and tree-top tall.

Also heard folks throwing stickbaits, resulting in good limits upsteam, as far as Rt. 49, in Fish Creek. :yes:

After having great luck with the browns on the big lake this spring, we sucked, with the Walleyes, Sunday on Oneida.

Only thing that is going to do, is for me to work harder, to connect with those fish, this weekend. :yes: