Any Stren High Impact line users?

I have been using Berkley Big game pretty much for all of my trolling gear in 15lb on up to 30lb depending on the rod and reel combo since I started fishing Lake Ontario. I have never had an issue with it. But while surfing the web I came across a site called Overstockbait.com. They were having some serious deals on the Stren High Impact line that came in pink in a variety of weights in 1/4 spool size. At $1.99 per spool I found it hard to pass up and bought several spools in three different weights considering I am paying $8.99 for the equivalent in the Berkley Big Game. It looks just like ANDE line. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the Stren High Impact? Usually when stuff is too good to be true, it is. I am hoping that is not the case. If not I am out less than $20.00 which included the shipping and a lesson learned.

I used some 8 pound test last weekend. It does not stretch very well in cold water and the browns made short work of it even with a fairly loose slip.

Do you think it was due to the cold water temps? I noticed it seemed a little stiffer than my BBG line that I have used in the past. If I lose a king or two because of , it will definitely be off the reel.

I used the 15# hiVis yellow last year on a "propwash" rig. It is stiff but it held up well..I'm trying the same thing in 10# this year for planer board lines...keeping my fingers crossed

Joe

It's definitely stiffer than the Berkley big game. I hope it won't affect the performance of my lures. I may have to leader down with with BBG or maybe Fluorocarbon line for better action.

Being the cheapskate I am , I use it a lot for both trolling & casting rods for bass pike. Not good on spinning cause its stiff, but good for rigging & casting. Stiff=low stretch generally. Used 10# for derby w/ no probs.Be carefull tying knots& spit on before tightening.Might cut back a little more often after a few fish. I use big game also & don't see a lot of diff. Used pink Ande also & liked it. Reg Stren for finnese spin.