A new angler asks for help

Hi,

I just start my angling career recently, and learn everything step by step. Is there any feasible place for a new guy? I'm not eager for big fish now. I tried some places like the Genesee River, the Canal, and several pounds close to Lake Ontario, but totally failed.

Is there any place easier for a newcomer? I'm living in the U of R. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks,

Howard

It seems your starting point is spot on as you are here. It's been my experience that hiring a professional guide will not only shorten the learning curve, but will save you in the long run, enough money to purchase all the gear you will require. Plus, you will take home fish on your very first guided trip.

Edd

Tell us what it is your looking to catch and I'm quite sure that there's someone on this forum that can steer you in the right direction. As far as the piers the river is way to muddy right now too think of any good results unless you went out on Charlotte and threw spoons to the green water off to the east. It will get much better once the rain settles down and we start to get some green water. The finger lakes have some of the BEST fishing in North America.

Narrow down what info your looking for and I'll share what I can with you,DSC00815.jpg012-1.jpg001-1.jpg006-1.jpgDSC01645.jpg

I've caught my fair share of trophies right here

• 4 weeks later...